Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Questions about how things are with the other House Books

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Questions about how things are with the other House Books
Post by russdm   » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:27 am

russdm
Midshipman

So, I don't know if this was asked already or not. IF so, I apologize, and would prefer a link to the thread or articles/comments.

What I would like to know about is if there are any details or news about the other House Books. I have House of Steel, and I know that there was supposed to be something about the People's Republic of Haven and Republic of Haven plus some more/something as being House of Lies/Shadow?. Then there was to be something about the Andermani, and about the Solarian League.

Am curious about what news there might be. Be nice to get those others when they come out.

Thanks
Re: Questions about how things are with the other House Book
Post by tlb   » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:20 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

russdm wrote:So, I don't know if this was asked already or not. IF so, I apologize, and would prefer a link to the thread or articles/comments.

What I would like to know about is if there are any details or news about the other House Books. I have House of Steel, and I know that there was supposed to be something about the People's Republic of Haven and Republic of Haven plus some more/something as being House of Lies/Shadow?. Then there was to be something about the Andermani, and about the Solarian League.

Am curious about what news there might be. Be nice to get those others when they come out.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I believe the correct answer is: we do not know. For several years we have been wondering the same thing.

I thought "House of Lies" was to be about the Peoples' Republic of Haven; but I could easily be wrong.
Re: Questions about how things are with the other House Book
Post by Theemile   » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:
russdm wrote:So, I don't know if this was asked already or not. IF so, I apologize, and would prefer a link to the thread or articles/comments.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I believe the correct answer is: we do not know. For several years we have been wondering the same thing.

I thought "House of Lies" was to be about the Peoples' Republic of Haven; but I could easily be wrong.

As an "IRL" answer, "House of Steel" didn't sell as well as was hoped and took a lot of time from a lot of people who have other jobs to complete.

So a second (and third) book, which would also take a lot of time from that same large group people who still have a separate job, doesn't have the same level of importance as the first book, as history has shown the relatively small payback in store for their efforts.

Also, BuNine is geographically diverse, which shouldn't matter as much is 2021, but it does hinder easy communication and collaboration.

All of which is a long way of saying going is slow, because they are busy with their own lives, and there is no financial incentive to rush to completion.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."

Return to Honorverse