Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: markusschaber, Theemile and 49 guests

The E-Arc of _A Call to Insurrrection_ is Available

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
The E-Arc of _A Call to Insurrrection_ is Available
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

While I don't buy E-Arcs, I do read the sample chapters. We have a wedding and the loser of the coin flip appears.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Re: The E-Arc of _A Call to Insurrrection_ is Available
Post by Fox2!   » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:32 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:We have a wedding ...

If Travis wore his Mess Dress, what did Lisa wear? Long descriptions of her dress, veil, train, jewelry, at least a paragraph on her bouquet, who caught the bouquet (and the garter!)? All the important things!
Post by saber964   » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:35 pm

saber964
Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
Robert_A_Woodward wrote:We have a wedding ...

If Travis wore his Mess Dress, what did Lisa wear? Long descriptions of her dress, veil, train, jewelry, at least a paragraph on her bouquet, who caught the bouquet (and the garter!)? All the important things!

It's is probably like the RW equivalent. Women getting married in the U.S.Military have the option of wearing their uniform or wearing a traditional wedding gown. I've been to a wedding were both the bride and groom wore navy service mess dress blues.
Post by Fox2!   » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:14 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

saber964 wrote:
Fox2! wrote:If Travis wore his Mess Dress, what did Lisa wear? Long descriptions of her dress, veil, train, jewelry, at least a paragraph on her bouquet, who caught the bouquet (and the garter!)? All the important things!

It's is probably like the RW equivalent. Women getting married in the U.S.Military have the option of wearing their uniform or wearing a traditional wedding gown. I've been to a wedding were both the bride and groom wore navy service mess dress blues.

Both of the military weddings I was part of, the bride wore a traditional dress. Although i have seen pictures of brides in mess dress. In at least one case, it was her second marriage. She may have worn mess dress because she already owned it.
Post by cnrd22   » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:30 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Finished this and it was very good though more of a transition book than anything else; lots of cool stuff including a serious space battle, the realization by the Queen that there may be a Wormhole Junction which would explain the attacks, a murder mystery in the backwoods and an excellent ending which brings all back to the main action.

Return to Honorverse