Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

TEiF no spoilers Appreciation!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
TEiF no spoilers Appreciation!
Post by TLRoff   » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:01 pm

TLRoff
Midshipman

Just finished reading it. Got it from the Bundle at BB, uploaded it to my kindle and spend 2 slow days consuming it.

I have no idea what's next for the Honorverse.. if anything. I suppose there will be some looks at well you know... Looking forward to it.

But its time for my born 2 months before Sputnik launched self to maybe just maybe get some chores done instead of procrastinating with "But I'm waiting on DW's next book!"

Thank Mister Weber. You have granted me many many years of enjoyable reading both in the Starfire universe and in the worlds of your own creating. Considering your actually a tad older then me I think I can't really blame you if you've slowed down a bit.

I am such a fan of space opera....Shame Bill Baldwin passed away.. pretty sure he had at least one more "Helmsman" book tucked away inside of him. Well ya haven't reached your expiration date sir. Stay cool!
Re: TEiF no spoilers Appreciation!
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:59 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

I'm still 50% through it, but I am enjoying it immensely. It's like coming home after being away: all the terms that sounded familiar elsewhere but maybe had a different meaning don't. They're exactly what you expect.

David's writing style is in full effect. In fact, I meant to ask about Eric's style and whether in his other works, the sarcastic humour is present. Because there are passages in the book, some more prominent than others, that have far more humour, often self-deprecating for the characters, than is usually the norm and I don't think I remember it from other works except Crown of Slaves series. And that makes it even far more visible where David spent extra time refining his text, where his dense, flashback-ridden narrative is in full effect (think the beginning of the second chapter-month).

At the rate I'm going, I'll be done tomorrow evening. What I'm hoping for at the end: the name of the next book! I can hope, right?
Post by Relax   » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:42 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Yup, enjoyed it, but probably because I am forced to read slowly now as my eyes have massively deteriorated.

The book is more than I expected, but those expectations would be spoilers so.... :D
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by drothgery   » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:26 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Relax wrote:Yup, enjoyed it, but probably because I am forced to read slowly now as my eyes have massively deteriorated.

I just started a bit late because I forgot the release date, and the ~18-month-old limits free time ...

Return to Honorverse