Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

Treecat series/A Beautiful Friendship

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Treecat series/A Beautiful Friendship
Post by WitherVoice   » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:20 am

WitherVoice
Midshipman

I really liked all three of these books, and I really wish for it to continue. Is the series... closed? It's been a long time with no word :(
Re: Treecat series/A Beautiful Friendship
Post by Theemile   » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

WitherVoice wrote:I really liked all three of these books, and I really wish for it to continue. Is the series... closed? It's been a long time with no word :(

You're lucky - it was ended for awhile due to low sales. But, A couple more are in the works. I havn't heard any firm details, but they are coming.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:14 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:You're lucky - it was ended for awhile due to low sales. But, A couple more are in the works. I havn't heard any firm details, but they are coming.

A couple? I know there's one and that David and Jane are already working on it. I didn't know they were contracted for more than one.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:35 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

WitherVoice wrote:I really liked all three of these books, and I really wish for it to continue. Is the series... closed? It's been a long time with no word :(

According to the Books Forthcoming list in the most recent issue of Locus, _Fools Imperiled_ by David Weber and Jane Lindskold will be released on June 2022. That means the E-arc (if there is one) should show up in late February or early March next year (6 months away). However, I am not certain that it is the 4th treecat novel (if it is, I suspect that it is an extension of "Heart of Stone" that appeared in the anthology _Give Me LibertyCon_).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Louis R   » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:37 am

Louis R
Rear Admiral

That is indeed the next in the series.

IIRC, Jane said they had a contract for 4 of 'em!

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:

According to the Books Forthcoming list in the most recent issue of Locus, _Fools Imperiled_ by David Weber and Jane Lindskold will be released on June 2022. That means the E-arc (if there is one) should show up in late February or early March next year (6 months away). However, I am not certain that it is the 4th treecat novel (if it is, I suspect that it is an extension of "Heart of Stone" that appeared in the anthology _Give Me LibertyCon_).
Post by WitherVoice   » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm

WitherVoice
Midshipman

I am... unreasonably happy about this, if I'm honest. Like, this makes me much happier than it merits, but I'm going to just go "okay joy is good, I'm running with it".
Post by richardinor   » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:52 pm

richardinor
Commander

I remember seeing in one RFC interview on Youtube (I don't remember which one) that David and Jane signed a contract for three more books in the Treecat series.
Post by Smithcentral   » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:26 am

Smithcentral
Midshipman

David and Jane are definitely writing more.
Jane posted this 18th August in her blog.
“Star Kingdom novel four now has an official title: A New Clan. The Star Kingdom series are collaborations between me and David Weber. They are Honorverse prequels, set in those days of yore when the planet Sphinx was newly being colonized, and a young human named Stephanie Harrington makes first contact with the indigenous treecats.

David Weber wrote the first novel, A Beautiful Friendship, solo, although I did contribute from off-stage, as friends are wont to do. The next two novels are Fire Season and Treecat Wars. Unlike the mainline Honorverse novels, these are not military SF, but instead take a look at the developing Star Kingdom from the point of view of a very intelligent young woman and her treecat companion. The shift in emphasis allows for a much more in-depth look at human/treecat relations from the point of view of the treecats.

A New Clan does not have a scheduled release date, but I’ll let you know when it does.”

Return to Honorverse