Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zyffyr and 40 guests

FAKE SPOILERS: To End in Fire

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: FAKE SPOILERS: To End in Fire
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:55 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Brigade XO wrote:It turns out that the Treecats were an experiment by the Arphains (spelling)- who know they are an earlier but mostly extinct race in the Honorverse and a remnant population showed up in one fo the early short stories.
So a Treecat Legend leads to a system of these earlier aliens which had merely withdraw but not abandoned their technology and they decide to throw in on the side of the GA?

I thought the combined Treecat-Stilt ground pounders would suffice. I didn't see the need for the Alphanes to get involved...
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
cthia wrote:I am surprised this thread got past customs. I don't see the difference between this thread and my thread named "Honorverse wishlist of plots" which was axed because of the fanfic rule.

I'm hoping that if the posts are so out there outlandish that it's clearly never going to happen, that it would not be considered fanfic. But if Duckk says we should stop, then I'll apologise for the thread and stop.

Besides, really? Four years of fake news wasn't enough? Oh, right, my badd, you're not American.

More like following Stephen Colbert's #fakespoiler tweets on Star Wars, like "the leader of the Knights of Ren was called Stimpy."

But, is that a typo or two? Psychic "monument" or psychic "moment" on Mesa?

I meant "monument." A stone that is imbedded with psychic power. Which, as far as we know of the Honorverse, is never going to happen.

At any rate, I suggested a long lost treecat world long ago. But we got into hot water with the author because several of us suggested a totally new "language" and the author insists Treecats don't have a language thus it cannot develop into something else. Not even a different dialect. Anyway, interesting.

Even more reason that this is outlandish. And a Treecat Navy?

But that is my point. What is considered outlandish? I would have thought that fifty-trillion missiles launched simultaneously at the BOM would have been outlandish. But a very Mad Wizard thought differently. There were enough missiles launched at the BOM to push a third world navy and its home system into poverty.

Don't get me wrong, I get excited by this thread. So much so it makes me blush. :oops:

Anyway, if I cross the line, someone whack me before the Duckk quacks.

On that long lost planet the Treecats eat a locally grown celery from their Garden of Eden. It is the oldest garden in the galaxy. It has healing powers and Nimitz is besides himself ... and this stuff is delicious!

The first encounter between the two Treecat cultures went a little something like this.

<"Erm" ... 'chomp chomp' ... "What's up doc?">

There's nothing like home cooking.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:44 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

After his activities in Mesa, Victor Cachat and Thandi Palane make a trip to Haven. In Nouveau Paris, while touring an exhibit in a museum, Victor tells Thandi a story of how his grandfather maintained that there was a conspiracy in the founding of the Republic of Haven that involved the Knights Templar and the Freemasons. He then proceeds to decode a hidden message in the back of the Péricard Constitution (no mean feat considering the Constituion only exists in electronic form!).
Post by jtg452   » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:10 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

I still think that the treecat manned frigates armed with pods of the Viper dual purpose LAC missiles was the coolest thing to come out of the new book.
Post by cthia   » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

jtg452 wrote:I still think that the treecat manned frigates armed with pods of the Viper dual purpose LAC missiles was the coolest thing to come out of the new book.

I think Jedi Cats would be the coolest thing. The force is already with the Cats. They know when an enemy is going to react by their mind glow, and they can already leap thru the air in a single bound slicing and dicing with their Jedi swords.

It turns out that Honor was cloned. There is a lookalike of her dealing dirt in the HV. Harahap would be proud.

You know, the DNA of any of Honor's offspring could have been obtained in the delivery room for nefarious purposes up to and including future nanite persuasion.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by jtg452   » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:41 am

jtg452
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:You know, the DNA of any of Honor's offspring could have been obtained in the delivery room for nefarious purposes up to and including future nanite persuasion.

Having nefarious purposes around that treecats (review the list of people present when both kids were born and count up the 6 legged arboreals in attendance, too) doesn't sound like a healthy life choice to me.

For some reason, I suddenly had the old Ron Popiel Veg-O-Matic commercial run through my head- especially the part where he brags about how it can, 'slice dice and even pure`'.
Post by George J. Smith   » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:05 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

jtg452 wrote:Having nefarious purposes around that treecats (review the list of people present when both kids were born and count up the 6 legged arboreals in attendance, too) doesn't sound like a healthy life choice to me.

For some reason, I suddenly had the old Ron Popiel Veg-O-Matic commercial run through my head- especially the part where he brags about how it can, 'slice dice and even pure`'.

DNA could be taken at any time during the gestation period, unless there was a 'cat in the facility 24/7 there was always a chance that a sample could have been taken.

Of course the nefarious person taking the sample would have to leave the facility permanently to make sure he/she was not caught by a 'cat at a later date.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:22 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Having read the book, I have to say that having Alissa DeVries show up really made things interesting...
But what was up with that superdreadnaught with the spider crew?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:59 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Having read the book, I have to say that having Alissa DeVries show up really made things interesting...
But what was up with that superdreadnaught with the spider crew?

That was the cross-over with the Skippyverse. The Rindhalu are the most advanced species there and they look like spiders.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:33 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

I was really disappointed that at the end Raibert Kamisnky arrived in the Kleio TTV and reset everything to before the Yawata Strike.

Return to Honorverse