Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Heart of Stone?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Heart of Stone?
Post by saber964   » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:54 pm

saber964
Admiral

I just found and read the short story (first 2 chapters) Heart of Stone on the Fifth Imperium site. Does anyone know more about it? Is it in a anthology? Or is it a new book? The story seems to be set right after Fire Season but before Treecat Wars.
Re: Heart of Stone?
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:47 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:I just found and read the short story (first 2 chapters) Heart of Stone on the Fifth Imperium site. Does anyone know more about it? Is it in a anthology? Or is it a new book? The story seems to be set right after Fire Season but before Treecat Wars.

It appeared in _Give Me LibertyCon_, an anthology published by Baen in June 2020.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Theemile   » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:05 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
saber964 wrote:I just found and read the short story (first 2 chapters) Heart of Stone on the Fifth Imperium site. Does anyone know more about it? Is it in a anthology? Or is it a new book? The story seems to be set right after Fire Season but before Treecat Wars.

It appeared in _Give Me LibertyCon_, an anthology published by Baen in June 2020.

Actually, only chapter 1 appeared in the anthology. It looks like this is the beginning of a larger work.

Update: the Larger book is "Fools Imperiled". Snippets stopped when Baen's Bar was halted for the Free Speech issue and not restarted since.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:20 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

(re: _Give Me Libertycon_ & "Heart of Stone")

Theemile wrote:Actually, only chapter 1 appeared in the anthology. It looks like this is the beginning of a larger work.

Update: the Larger book is "Fools Imperiled". Snippets stopped when Baen's Bar was halted for the Free Speech issue and not restarted since.

They have restarted, but the formatting is hideous. It appears that a "bot" is being used which grabs N number of characters, thus splitting words between snippets.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

Much like a the original Beautiful Friendship story, chapter 1 of Heart of stone that is in the GivemeLibertcon anthology works pretty well as a stand alone story.

from the snippets that are available it clear that there is also a larger story waiting to told.

hopefully we won't be waiting too long for it
Post by cthia   » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:Much like a the original Beautiful Friendship story, chapter 1 of Heart of stone that is in the GivemeLibertcon anthology works pretty well as a stand alone story.

from the snippets that are available it clear that there is also a larger story waiting to told.

hopefully we won't be waiting too long for it

Is there a reason why the snippets aren't raining down in this forum too?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dauntless   » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:57 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

no idea. if you want to read what has been shared then go to the fifth imperium website and read them there. though the formatting is bad as was mentioned earlier.

http://jiltanith.thefifthimperium.com/

Return to Honorverse