Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

To End in Fire

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: To End in Fire
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:28 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

LTArmstrong wrote:
Peter2 wrote:So far as I can find, the hardback version of To End in Fire is due out on 5th October, but there is no news of any other version. Has anyone heard of a publication date for the Kindle version? Or any eARC? And has there been any sign of any snippets coming out?

TIA . . .

Look down the subject list in this Forum you will find:

The 1st half of To End in Fire gets release July 15th 2021

Also known as this Thursday.

https://www.baen.com/categories/books-b ... -fire.html

There have been several books in the last 5 years that did not make the 1st half webscription release for their publication month. A few didn't show up until after more than a week later.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by LTArmstrong   » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:33 am

LTArmstrong
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

LTArmstrong wrote:
Peter2 wrote:So far as I can find, the hardback version of To End in Fire is due out on 5th October, but there is no news of any other version. Has anyone heard of a publication date for the Kindle version? Or any eARC? And has there been any sign of any snippets coming out?

TIA . . .

Look down the subject list in this Forum you will find:

The 1st half of To End in Fire gets release July 15th 2021

Also known as this Thursday.

https://www.baen.com/categories/books-b ... -fire.html

There have been several books in the last 5 years that did not make the 1st half webscription release for their publication month. A few didn't show up until after more than a week later.[/quote]

What you say about Baen not putting the 1st half of the book out when they say they are going to, may be true (I think I remember a missed electronic publication date on Shadow of Victory).

But all I have to go on is when Baen has said they are going to release the book, and they said they are going to release the 1st half of To End in Fire on Thursday.

That is what I reported. All else is speculation and conjecture. I always like to hear a good conspiracy theory, but what I have reported is the only actual hard fact on the book's early release date that I have seen anywhere.
Last edited by LTArmstrong on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post by Theemile   » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:29 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
justdave wrote:According to the MWW during his video update on Sunday at Libertycon he said he and Eric were still finalizing TEIF but it sounds like they’re working on the last half, he said they should still make the publication date tho.

They're still tweaking it less than 3 months from publication? Oh wow! Should we send coffee to the editors who will be pulling all-nighters?

I hope David is not changing his mind again on who he will or will not kill...

It's official - I looked at the October bundle this morning and the status of "To end in Fire" has been changed from "Partial (1/2 Ebook now; full Ebook available 10/05/21)" to "Delayed"

<groan>
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by LTArmstrong   » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am

LTArmstrong
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

OK, So now is the time for "speculation and conjecture"!

Does anyone want to take a guess about when they might release:

A) The 1st half of the book?

B) The EARC?

All conspiracy theories are welcome.
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:49 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

LTArmstrong wrote:OK, So now is the time for "speculation and conjecture"!

B) The EARC?

My 2 cents say, that both versions will be online on the same day - I hope for August 2nd, 2021 - or that there won't be an eARC at all if the publication date for the 1st half will be delayed even further.
After all, it doesn't make sense to publish an eARC, if less than 2 months later the complete book will hit the shelves. The time interval between these 2 editions would be too short.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

LTArmstrong wrote:OK, So now is the time for "speculation and conjecture"!

B) The EARC?

My conspiracy theory ...

I told you guys that Spiders can hide in nests inside junctions. The freighters can't deliver the mail because they are being intercepted. :o :lol:

Told u so! Told u so! Told u so!

Is the reason there are no snippets, sniplets, or snips, because of the imminent release of the first half of the book? If so it sucks hind teat!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by LadyWhirlwind   » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:05 am

LadyWhirlwind
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

As for the eARC the answer is:
Today.

It‘s out now.
Post by Galactic Sapper   » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:14 am

Galactic Sapper
Captain of the List

Time for me to start avoiding certain posts until the dead tree version comes out.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:07 am

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Galactic Sapper wrote:Time for me to start avoiding certain posts until the dead tree version comes out.

I'll be waiting for the full eBook, so no SPOILERS threads for me either.
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:20 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Galactic Sapper wrote:Time for me to start avoiding certain posts until the dead tree version comes out.

hehe - I stand with you! :D

Return to Honorverse