Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests

So if you didn't see it how do you know someone is dead?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: So if you didn't see it how do you know someone is dead?
Post by Brigade XO   » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:02 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Ok, taking everybody including Tourville & company to Hades makes sense from the standpoint of retaining control. Even if St. Just objected, she and they would have already been at Hades and there was going to be all the lag time in moving a a message or orders to her.
At that point, turning what should otherwise have been POWs into more of enemies of the republic in terms of whatever they wished to generate. They could have "confessed" and once strikes from whatever lists would be maintained of disposition of criminals. At that point their deaths after suitable trials- at Hades- ends the conversation as far as Ransom is concerned and it is unlikely that any would ever see the light of day.
Post by kzt   » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:56 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

I’m beginning to think that Ransom wasn’t a very mice person.

And Epstein didn’t kill himself.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:38 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:I’m beginning to think that Ransom wasn’t a very mice person.

I don't know if we can characterise anyone in the old or new Havenite governments as "nice." Have you read "Our Sacred Honor" and what Eloise Pritchart did before she became an Aprilist? It's no doubt she was recruited into StateSec and made a commissioner. I'm sure Denis LePic's past is similarly checkered.

And don't get me started on Cachat. The only one who comes close to his level is someone who took on a band of Maccabeus assassins with her bare hands, dinner cutlery, and a treecat.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:17 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Epstein?
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Theemile   » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:

Epstein?

<sigh> KZT is talking about 2nd century anti-dispora history again. He's a nut about that ancient stuff. He keeps talking about it like it happened yesterday.... :lol:
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by kzt   » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:00 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:<sigh> KZT is talking about 2nd century anti-dispora history again. He's a nut about that ancient stuff. He keeps talking about it like it happened yesterday.... :lol:

It's not someone would lie about the death of a guy who liked to fly a former president on his Pedo express down to his private island (which was totally wired up for blackmail), while the president left his SS guard behind. And you know, occasionally all the cameras that cover certain cells just go dark for no reason, while the guards take a multi-hour break from doing the guard thing in the break room. Purely coincidence, I'm sure.

And I'm sure there is a good explanation on why they moved out the other inmate who was in his cell, leaving him alone - despite orders that he was never to be left alone. And as soon as they get to bottom of who and why BoP sent Whitely Bulger to be murdered in 2018 I'm sure they will figure this out too.

So you should always trust the reports of government.
Post by Theemile   » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
Theemile wrote:<sigh> KZT is talking about 2nd century anti-dispora history again. He's a nut about that ancient stuff. He keeps talking about it like it happened yesterday.... :lol:

It's not someone would lie about the death of a guy who liked to fly a former president on his Pedo express down to his private island (which was totally wired up for blackmail), while the president left his SS guard behind. And you know, occasionally all the cameras that cover certain cells just go dark for no reason, while the guards take a multi-hour break from doing the guard thing in the break room. Purely coincidence, I'm sure.

And I'm sure there is a good explanation on why they moved out the other inmate who was in his cell, leaving him alone - despite orders that he was never to be left alone. And as soon as they get to bottom of who and why BoP sent Whitely Bulger to be murdered in 2018 I'm sure they will figure this out too.

So you should always trust the reports of government.

I think even people who work in garbage dumps will agree that the Epstein death stinks.

It's like the CIA asserting Frank Olson's (a USBWL chem weapons scientist) death in 1953 was a suicide, when the story of it was a word for word copy of a preferred method of assignation from the CIA's assignation manual, published later that same year.

It's amazing - you think some secrets are too hard to hide. Then BAMM! the door shuts. After the hype dies down, only conspiracy nuts discuss it. Everybody "Knows" it was a hit, but nobody can (or has the drive to find the evidence to) prove it.

In the mean time, We'll joke about JFK and Elvis's weekly bowling league, or Hitler growing senile in an Argentinian nursing Home, demanding his grapes be separated by color for "Racial Purity" - all the time knowing that a fair amount of that conspiracy BS actually goes on around us.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You don't know. That is the beauty of it. In that way, at any time the intended victim can always be reanimated. A-la Superman, as well as many other tv and movie characters. As a result, we can't know if someone is really dead even if we did see it. A-la real life, which goes triple for fiction.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse