Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests

Where next for our younger hero's and Heroins?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Where next for our younger hero's and heroine?
Post by Captain Golding   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:45 am

Captain Golding
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I want to See Abigail on a Posting to a GSN ship.

Say a BC or CA with a larger wardroom and a Marine Component.

Perhaps one of those roles a Cmd track officer needs to full fill outside their core compency - i.e. not TAC.

So the Wardroom would be a mix of Grayson officers many of whom would not have served with a woman officer before. Some would have traditionalist views while others would assume family inflence. Others would be seeking family influence!

The villan- A Marine Officer (Grayson Army of course) who has sat out the war on Grayson doing staff and base jobs in one of the problem Steadholds and owes his rank and position to influence there. Now the War is "over" he's doing a marine shipboard assignment because he sees that his successful peers have all done one. Of course his arrogance only just exceeds his incompetance.

The Marines include a contingent from Owens's Steadhold.

The FirstOfficer may be a Protector's Own vet but the Captain is a typical over promoted GSN officer, capable but not exceptional.

How many times would Abigail have to pull the Marines out of the mess before they start to look to her instead of their own officer. How divided would the Wardroom get ....

What's Liutenant Gutierrez's Grayson Army rank - Steadholder Guard officers normally having a higher shadow rank in the Army. Of course he might not have one since he was a RMN Marine before joining the Owen's Steadholder Guard.

And given the Service to Manticore leading what should have been Marine operations perhaps Abigail might have a Manticore Marine rank as an honour by now.

Should mix up a good story anyway if somebody has the skills to write it.

(It's posted in public so I retain no rights).
Post by Fox2!   » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Captain Golding wrote:I

And given the Service to Manticore leading what should have been Marine operations perhaps Abigail might have a Manticore Marine rank as an honour by now.

Should mix up a good story anyway if somebody has the skills to write it.

(It's posted in public so I retain no rights).

Abby won't have an "honorary" RMMC rank. Just those "in the know" knowing what she (and Mateo) did on Sanctuary. And ensuring that those not "in the know" treat her more like a Marine officer than a Navy officer who has never seen the elephant.
Post by Fox2!   » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:27 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Fox2! wrote:
Abby won't have an "honorary" RMMC rank.

Well, at least not until Beth makes her a "Colonel of Marines"
Re: Where next for our younger hero's and Heroins?
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Whenever the assault on Darius occurs, I hope our heroes have aged like fine wine and have come into their own.

Abigail, make Honor, Grayson, your father, and Tester proud.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse