Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Honorverse Jeopardy

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Jeopardy
Post by cthia   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:59 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Category: Phrase Substitution
For 600
Aboard HMS King Michael, White Haven thought to himself that he knew it wouldn't be long and that by the way they were fighting Haven had evened the scales.

Last edited by cthia on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Amaroq   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Category: Mathematical Likeness
For 1000
A preplanned area in space to elude the enemy, this mathematical entity also employs many of them as a graphic representation of bivariate data.

Amaroq wrote:
I'm going to take a shot at this. What are scatterpoints?

Damn girl. What do I have to do to stump you?
Do you have an eidetic memory or something? :lol:

I do a lot of stats for my graduate work. That one took me awhile though. Good job.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by Amaroq   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Category: Phrase Substitution
For 600
Aboard HMS King Michael, White Haven thought to himself that he knew it wouldn't be long and that by the way they were fighting Haven had evened the scales.

I'm not certain exactly what you're asking here. Did White Haven ever serve aboard King Michael? During the first war his flagship was Queen Caitrin and I think Michael was in his fleet but that's all I remember.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by cthia   » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Category: Saved By The Bell
For 800
She was replaced before an upcoming battle thus saved by the Havenite leadership from a possible firing squad from this entity.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:42 am

KNick
Admiral

cthia wrote:Category: Saved By The Bell
For 800
She was replaced before an upcoming battle thus saved by the Havenite leadership from a possible firing squad from this entity.

Who is Ester McQueen and the CPS?
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by cthia   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Category: Saved By The Bell
For 800

KNick wrote:
Who is Ester McQueen and the CPS?

Indeed, you are correct. I for one am glad they saved her sweet lil' ass. Wish she could've lived even longer.

Post by cthia   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Category: Timing
For 400
Multi drive missiles and podnaughts waited until this battle to show what they can do.

Post by cthia   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Category: Phrase Substitution
For 600
Aboard HMS Queen Caitrin, White Haven thought to himself that he knew it wouldn't be long and that by the way they were fighting Haven had evened the scales.

Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:55 pm

KNick
Admiral

cthia wrote:Category: Timing
For 400
Multi drive missiles and podnaughts waited until this battle to show what they can do.

What is the Battle for Barnett?
_

Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

KNick
Admiral

cthia wrote:Category: Phrase Substitution
For 600
Aboard HMS Queen Caitrin, White Haven thought to himself that he knew it wouldn't be long and that by the way they were fighting Haven had evened the scales.

What is "had gotten back on balance"?
_

Return to Honorverse