Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 34 guests

How old are Honorverse fans?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.

Your Age Group:

12 & under
No votes
Teens
4%
20s
18%
30s
22%
40s
21%
50s
19%
60s
13%
70s
4%
eighty and above
0%

Total votes : 273

Re: How old are Honerverse fans?
Post by AdmiralStarNight   » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:16 pm

AdmiralStarNight
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I am currently 18.
~~
Lester Tourville♥
"The Solarian League government is selling many technological advancements and weapons to the Havenites.
Yeah, it's part of a new initiative called, 'Operation: Regret This In Seventeen Years.'"
Post by KNick   » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

KNick
Admiral

KNick wrote:It would be nice if those who were willing would go to

User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Profile

and add their location to their sign in.

It would be nice also if the newcomers voted for either/or both of the series that they read.

Every time I bring this thread forward, a couple of middies add their location and vote in the poll. Then a couple of the old salts actually admit that they aren't homeless and put down their home location. So far, about 6% of the total number of registered users have voted, but it is a very high percentage of the regular posters.

I realize that there are those who don't want to give even their home country, but knowing where someone is from helps at least me avoid making assumptions about the poster I am responding to. This is especially true for the politics and free range forums, but knowing someone is from a different country (or continent) shapes how I respond on all the forums. It actually changes the language I use when responding and causes me to think more about what I am saying. So please, if you can see your way clear to doing so, country of origin at least, helps keep my language appropriate.

Bringing this forward once again for the new members.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by KNick   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:56 am

KNick
Admiral

KNick wrote:

It would be nice also if the newcomers voted for either/or both of the series that they read.

Every time I bring this thread forward, a couple of middies add their location and vote in the poll. Then a couple of the old salts actually admit that they aren't homeless and put down their home location. So far, about 6% of the total number of registered users have voted, but it is a very high percentage of the regular posters.

I realize that there are those who don't want to give even their home country, but knowing where someone is from helps at least me avoid making assumptions about the poster I am responding to. This is especially true for the politics and free range forums, but knowing someone is from a different country (or continent) shapes how I respond on all the forums. It actually changes the language I use when responding and causes me to think more about what I am saying. So please, if you can see your way clear to doing so, country of origin at least, helps keep my language appropriate.

Bump
_

Post by ripsql   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:56 am

ripsql
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Wow how time flies. Even though I found this series late, it seems like yesterday when I started reading them. Now I'm going to hit the 40 wall soon. :o
Post by KNick   » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:51 pm

KNick
Admiral

ripsql wrote:Wow how time flies. Even though I found this series late, it seems like yesterday when I started reading them. Now I'm going to hit the 40 wall soon. :o

40 isn't a wall. It's a minor speed bump in the road of life. It only slows you down if the old chassis is falling apart. Otherwise, keep on trucking.
_

Post by Yow   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:27 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

ripsql wrote:Wow how time flies. Even though I found this series late, it seems like yesterday when I started reading them. Now I'm going to hit the 40 wall soon. :o

Headlights in your rearview. I'll be hitting that speed bump all out here soon :o Yeee-haa!!! :lol:

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 pm

KNick
Admiral

KNick wrote:

Bump
_

Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

bump for the new fans
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by KNick   » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:45 am

KNick
Admiral

Bump
_

Post by Spacekiwi   » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:26 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

bump
`

its not paranoia if its justified... :D

Return to Honorverse