Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Houdini and its consequences(CoG spoilers)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Houdini and its consequences(CoG spoilers)
Post by SYED   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:30 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

How many of the under class of mesa will choose to go to torch and how many will stay is big issue?
SAy it is about a month travel to get from torch to mesa, using the terminii and full speed. I wonder if this changes at all wit the knowledge of the felix terminii.
The felix system is in the league, so who knows how close to visigoth, and it has 2 unknown terminii to the verge and darius some where in the verge. So Potentially the distance between torch and mesa might not be that mush.

so this gives the alliance a chance to investigate potentially even find proof. they know about mcbride, i wonder if he hid or stored anything useful.
they evacuted by ship, so trackk those ships. use the excuse that they are hunting slavers.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Um, Dertweiler was worried about the effect all that destruction would have on HIS people that he was pulling out, not Mesa.

He was worried that nuking their families might upset them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by kzt   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:09 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

The MA would be in a lot more trouble if Torch had less trigger happy COs.
Post by SCC   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:43 pm

SCC
Commander

I'd like to know why they kept splitting up in Houdini
Post by KNick   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:50 pm

KNick
Admiral

kzt wrote:The MA would be in a lot more trouble if Torch had less trigger happy COs.

If they look hard enough, there is evidence left at Balcescu Station after it's seizure. There is even written evidence if they search the computers. I remind everyone of the discussion in the control room the first time the Hali Sowle was there about the reason for the reprimand the controller received.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

SCC wrote:I'd like to know why they kept splitting up in Houdini

To confuse any followers.

The idea is that almost every Houdini refugee would take a different circuitous route to Darius so there would be no pattern of a large number of ships headed in the same direction.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:59 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
SCC wrote:I'd like to know why they kept splitting up in Houdini

To confuse any followers.

The idea is that almost every Houdini refugee would take a different circuitous route to Darius so there would be no pattern of a large number of ships headed in the same direction.

Do we have any textev that Darius is the destination? I know that it is logical to assume that. But logic is sometimes a way to be wrong with confidence.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:Do we have any textev that Darius is the destination? I know that it is logical to assume that. But logic is sometimes a way to be wrong with confidence.

Don

IIRC, Albrecht Detweiler specified Darius in one of the first mentions of Houdini.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by dreamrider   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:57 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

SYED wrote:How many of the under class of mesa will choose to go to torch and how many will stay is big issue?
SAy it is about a month travel to get from torch to mesa, using the terminii and full speed. I wonder if this changes at all wit the knowledge of the felix terminii.
The felix system is in the league, so who knows how close to visigoth, and it has 2 unknown terminii to the verge and darius some where in the verge. So Potentially the distance between torch and mesa might not be that mush.

so this gives the alliance a chance to investigate potentially even find proof. they know about mcbride, i wonder if he hid or stored anything useful.
they evacuted by ship, so trackk those ships. use the excuse that they are hunting slavers.

Um...who is it on the GA side, or remaining on Mesa, that you suppose knows anything about the significance of the Felix system. Which BTW is a possession of fine, upstanding Mannerheim, not Mesa.

dreamrider
Post by SYED   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:00 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

I meant in the future any possible claim to felix is done. Also, it is owned by corparations i believe, and it could be claimed or controlled like any terminii.
It might be extrordinary useful, and i bett it has been fully mapped by now hopefully.
I see felix and darius added to torch, peacefully or by force. felix can be terraformed, and it place in the league would be very valuable.
If that company that supplies the new missiles is taken out, it might put the league back to a weaker position, and it potentially makes yildun an easier target if the corparations that own it are mesan based.

The thing is how does manticore stop the seccies and slaves from having revenge on the citizens?

Return to Honorverse