Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests

Honor Harrington RPG News

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honor Harrington RPG News
Post by kzt   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:16 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Final Sword is planning on having something at Honorcon. Apparently not the full game, but something playable.
Re: Honor Harrington RPG News
Post by TheGlyphstone   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 pm

TheGlyphstone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Interesting. Is it going to be a proprietary system, or a licensed sourcebook using a pre-existing system engine (i.e., are we looking at Honor Harrington: The RPG, or something like GURPS: Honor Harrington to use one example)?
Post by Phalanx   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Phalanx
Commander

I won't be able to make it this year. I hope someone records everything again this year.

On this issue, I know Ad Astra had a draft RPG ruleset using D6, but I suspect this will be different than that.

I am curious about Final Sword's upcoming products(WHERE IS SHIPBOOK 4? :( )
_

Post by kzt   » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:05 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

It's a D6 based game. Like the old school Star Wars, though updated base rules compared to way back then. This should have a set of QuickStart rules. They have big plans, so this is just the start.
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

kzt wrote:It's a D6 based game. Like the old school Star Wars, though updated base rules compared to way back then. This should have a set of QuickStart rules. They have big plans, so this is just the start.

Yay I've wanted an Honorverse RPG for a long time and I have a soft spot for D6 based systems because the Star Wars D6 system was my first RPG.
Post by hvb   » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:07 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yesss!

I have (as possibly TheGlyphstone too?) been hoping for news on a GURPS: Honor Harrington contract or some such.
(Big GURPS fan here, Vehicles is my preferred design system :ugeek: ... so not sold on their 4th ed. yet - waiting, waiting :roll:)

However, the old West End Games d6 Star Wars is definitely one of the good ones (I hate that SW got switched to that accursed d20 thing), and gameplay for newbies is smoother than GURPS even before that QuickStart add-on, which is in line with modern trends (I hear) so all good.

Wrong side of the pond as always(seems drivethrurpg delivers cispond, so I guess I will get me a SITS ordered afore long ...), so as Phalanx says, someone please take lots of pictures -and I mean like motion and all, preferably with *intelligible* sound- of what Final Sword brings, and of course every and all things 'verse-related besides.

Roguevictory wrote:
kzt wrote:It's a D6 based game. Like the old school Star Wars, though updated base rules compared to way back then. This should have a set of QuickStart rules. They have big plans, so this is just the start.

Yay I've wanted an Honorverse RPG for a long time and I have a soft spot for D6 based systems because the Star Wars D6 system was my first RPG.
Post by hvb   » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:20 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

hvb wrote:[snip] seems drivethrurpg delivers cispond, so I guess I will get me a SITS ordered afore long [snip]

Right, right, e-files only, figures ...

So anyways; I hear people jury-rig boxed set items.

Anyone got links to the best community guides and suchlike? I guess I will have some kit-bashing time between Winter Solstice and Years End. :?

Return to Honorverse