Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 46 guests

I hav e read all of the following Weber series:

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.

Tell which David Weber stories you have read.

1. Honorverse
16%
2. Safehold
12%
3. Dahak
12%
4. Multiverse
7%
5. Starfire
8%
6. Path of the Fury
11%
7. Empire of Man
10%
8. War God
7%
9. Out of the Dark
8%
10. Troll
10%

Total votes : 537

I hav e read all of the following Weber series:
Post by KNick   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:39 pm

KNick
Admiral

Tell us which David Weber series you have read.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Re: I hav e read all of the following Weber series:
Post by Northstar   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

KNick wrote:Tell us which David Weber series you have read.

Own all but Safehold but have not read some of them due to waiting for series to finish then I'll read them all. I can only stand the suspense on so many series. eh :D
Post by JohnS   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:37 pm

JohnS
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I've read everything except the second multiverse book, because the first one bored me. I'll read anything else he writes, including a sequel to Out of the Dark.
Post by drothgery   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:49 pm

drothgery
Admiral

FWIW, I don't think the forum calculating percentages correctly on a multi-select poll. It seems like it's counting every check as a response, instead of every individual's set of checks. I mean, I could believe one or two people who haven't read the Honorverse are in this forum (or at least accidentally didn't check that box); I can't believe only 15% or so of the people here checked Honorvese.
Post by SWM   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:55 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

drothgery wrote:FWIW, I don't think the forum calculating percentages correctly on a multi-select poll. It seems like it's counting every check as a response, instead of every individual's set of checks. I mean, I could believe one or two people who haven't read the Honorverse are in this forum (or at least accidentally didn't check that box); I can't believe only 15% or so of the people here checked Honorvese.

You're right. The "Total votes" is the total number of tick marks (add them up) rather than the number of people who voted; the percentage is the number of ticks for one book divided by the "total votes".
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by SWM   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

It would probably have been better if this vote were taken on one of the forums which are not series-specific, with pointers to it from the other forums. As it is, everyone in the Honorverse forums will see the thread, while those who don't read this forum will read the thread only if they follow up on advertisements elsewhere. It gives the Honorverse votes a big advantage.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by KNick   » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:41 pm

KNick
Admiral

SWM wrote:It would probably have been better if this vote were taken on one of the forums which are not series-specific, with pointers to it from the other forums. As it is, everyone in the Honorverse forums will see the thread, while those who don't read this forum will read the thread only if they follow up on advertisements elsewhere. It gives the Honorverse votes a big advantage.

I would have done that if I could have figured out where to put them. I was also trying to set it up so that it would only count one vote occurrence for each set of votes. I also put a note in the Safehold forum referring to it.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by LordDan87   » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 am

LordDan87
Ensign

It looks like far too people have given the War God series a chance. Oath of Swords was the first Weber book I ever read. I then picked up Safehold a few years later. I was actually a bit hesitant to read the Honorverse until I realized that he had started writing that series first. lol
Re: I have read parts of the following Weber series:
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:22 am

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

I presume that "Troll" means Apocalypse Troll,
not a vote to accuse the pollster of trolling! :mrgreen:

HTM
Post by jtg452   » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

I've read at least some (and in most cases all or majority) of everything but the 163? series and the War God series. The War God series isn't my cup of tea and the other series, I just haven't gotten around to diving into it.

I'm working my way through Conn Iggulden's series on Julius Caesar right now and I just don't want to start another series with all the new releases coming up.

Return to Honorverse