Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The War Gods Own E-Book

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
The War Gods Own E-Book
Post by kdbrier   » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 pm

kdbrier
Midshipman

The War Gods Own E-Book. Can anyone tell me how to find it? Thanks
Re: The War Gods Own E-Book
Post by Duckk   » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Baen is going through a bit of a transition right now, so it's not available on either Baen's ebookstore or Amazon right now. If you absolutely must have it, you can grab it from one of the CDs on baencd.thefifthimperium.com.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by desertrat0512   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 pm

desertrat0512
Midshipman

Came here asking the same question as above, and I see Duckk's answer. Has there been any indication when they might get this installment onto digits?

I'm new here, so don't kill me for not knowing...

It's a weird business decision* to have a book mid-series that isn't in e-format when the rest already are. I'm not likely to read or purchase the subsequent books in the series until I read this one, and I don't buy dead trees much anymore. I can't be the only one. Once I've read an earlier book in a series, there's a short window of time that I'll hunt for the next book. If I don't find it, I'm likely to wander off to read something else and I might never find my way back!

* I realize that the publishing business is frequently run on business principles that most MBAs might not recognize. Thus a "weird business decision" isn't necessarily out of character. But sometimes they do some really head-scratching stuff.
Post by desertrat0512   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 pm

desertrat0512
Midshipman

Came here asking the same question as above, and I see Duckk's answer. Has there been any indication when they might get this installment onto digits?

It's a weird business decision* to have a book mid-series that isn't in e-format when the rest already are. I'm not likely to read or purchase the subsequent books in the series until I read this one, and I don't buy dead trees much anymore. I can't be the only one. Once I've read an earlier book in a series, there's a short window of time that I'll hunt for the next book. If I don't find it, I'm likely to wander off to read something else and I might never find my way back!

* I realize that the publishing business is frequently run on business principles that most MBAs might not recognize. Thus a "weird business decision" isn't necessarily out of character. But sometimes they do some really head-scratching stuff.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Duckk meant that "this is a Temporary Thing."
War Gods' Own has been availible as a Baen E-book for
many years. Unfortunatly it was not on Amazon then,
because Baen and Amazon had not agreed how to sell
E-books. A couple of months ago they reached agreement.
WGO E-book (and many other Baen E-books) are now sold
on Amazons **huge** market. However, Baen has had to
remove some of these E-books from its own site for "a
short time." Soon they will be availible there again.
That is what Baen tells us.

HTM

desertrat0512 wrote:Came here asking the same question as above, and I see Duckk's answer. Has there been any indication when they might get this installment onto digits?

It's a weird business decision* to have a book mid-series that isn't in e-format when the rest already are.
[snip - htm]
Post by desertrat0512   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

desertrat0512
Midshipman

Thanks, and sorry for the double post. Not sure why it did that.

Has Baen said what 'temporary' means? I'm trying to figure when to check back...

C
Post by Spacekiwi   » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

desertrat0512 wrote:Thanks, and sorry for the double post. Not sure why it did that.

Has Baen said what 'temporary' means? I'm trying to figure when to check back...

C

Welcome desertrat. hope you have fun around here. and hopefully temporary means within the next 4 to 6 weeks.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by chrisd   » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:50 pm

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

Spacekiwi wrote:Welcome desertrat. hope you have fun around here. and hopefully temporary means within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

There's nothing so permanent as a "temporary expedient" that management believes has worked.

Return to War God