Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

How did Gayrfressa know?

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
How did Gayrfressa know?
Post by Rod   » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

How did Gayrfressa know that Leeana was her windrider? She was what, a few hundreds of miles away, so how did she know? I think it was her link to Bahzell and Bahzell's love of Leeana.
Re: How did Gayrfressa know?
Post by Macharius   » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Macharius
Ensign

This makes me wonder just how similar coursers and treecats are - aside from physical size, of course! Both are "communal" species in many respects, able to communicate amongst each other telepathically, and "outsider"-oriented personalities able/desiring to form bonds with humans (even if the treecats can't communicate directly like the coursers can).
Re: How did Gayrfressa know?
Post by RetiredMilLoggie   » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:29 pm

RetiredMilLoggie
Lieutenant Commander

Rod wrote:How did Gayrfressa know that Leeana was her windrider? She was what, a few hundreds of miles away, so how did she know? I think it was her link to Bahzell and Bahzell's love of Leeana.

Recall that Bahzell's courser Walsharno is a brother to Gayrfressa (Chapter 27,WRO); so Gayrfressa's links to Bahzell are at least 2 fold: her own healing by Bahzell (Chapter 23) and through her brother. Her herd sense can feel both her brother and Bahzell, so any feeling Walsharno and Bahzell have regarding Leeana isn't a secret to her. Almost like keeping things within the family.

Return to War God