Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Which character is most like Sharon?

Pull up a chair and talk to Sharon about care and feeding of an author, life in the literary world, crochet, or just life in general.
Which character is most like Sharon?
Post by jthoma8318   » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:30 am

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

OK, in all of DW's books, he is able to write strong women roles without making them man hating psychos. So which one is most like Sharon? Honor Harrington? Alicia DeVries of Fury, or Jilanith for Empire from the Ashes?
Re: Which character is most like Sharon?
Post by kbus888   » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:33 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

?? How about Empress Sharleyan of Safehold ??

R

jthoma8318 wrote:OK, in all of DW's books, he is able to write strong women roles without making them man hating psychos. So which one is most like Sharon? Honor Harrington? Alicia DeVries of Fury, or Jilanith for Empire from the Ashes?
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by Alistair   » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 am

Alistair
Rear Admiral

Yes the name does ring a bell
Post by Chemechie   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:09 am

Chemechie
Ensign

kbus888 wrote:?? How about Empress Sharleyan of Safehold ??

R

jthoma8318 wrote:OK, in all of DW's books, he is able to write strong women roles without making them man hating psychos. So which one is most like Sharon? Honor Harrington? Alicia DeVries of Fury, or Jilanith for Empire from the Ashes?

I'm hoping Sharon is more like Aivah Parsons (current name) - one who can juggle many balls with ease and help keep DW focused on his writing!
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I think Michelle Henke.
Confident and capable in her own right.
Can be serious and blow something up when situation warrants yet retains an earthly sense of humor as all author's wives must exhibit to handle all of the ships flying around in local space alone. As evn though David may be at home...he is not. And like Michelle Henke I am sure Sharon can level missille battery eyes if her astrogator (David) isn't prepared when asked.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Sharon's Corner