Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by The E   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 am

The E
Admiral

Things you can't make up: People who think themselves as tactically proficient and prepared to fight in an insurrection are so bad at basic OpSec that they would just post evidence of their crimes to social media en masse.

In other news: Parler, aka Twitter for people stupid enough to get banned on Twitter, is currently suffering critical existence failure. As every service provider they used is rapidly distancing themselves from what is a complete garbage fire (Hey, remember that whole "We need to repeal Section 230" thing? Yeah, this is a consequence of that), holes are opening up in its backend, and as I post this anti-fascist activists are busy downloading everything they can from their backend.... including terabytes of videos posted at or around January 6th at or around the Capitol, all neatly identifiable by the metadata parler kept around.

Oh, and since parler requires people to identify with official documentation, those identifying documents are riiight there for the taking too.

TL;DR: They fucked around, now we're finding out.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:25 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I knew there was a reason I never verified myself there. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:48 pm

Joat42
Admiral

The E wrote:TL;DR: They fucked around, now we're finding out.

Everyone dropped them like a hot potato, even their lawyers. How bad is it when your lawyers says "nope, nope, see'ya!" ?

John Matze, CEO Parler wrote:"Every vendor, from text message services to email providers to our lawyers, all ditched us too, on the same day.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:35 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
The E wrote:TL;DR: They fucked around, now we're finding out.

Everyone dropped them like a hot potato, even their lawyers. How bad is it when your lawyers says "nope, nope, see'ya!" ?

John Matze, CEO Parler wrote:"Every vendor, from text message services to email providers to our lawyers, all ditched us too, on the same day.

I see that Guilani is being disbared, and the PGA is no longer playing next years open at one of Trumps courses.

Also that mad Sidney 'The Kraken' Powell is being sued for $1,300,000,000 by Dominion voting systems for deformation.

HAHA couldn't happen to a nastier bunch of people. :lol: :lol:

[Edit] I was a bit previous: G is not being disbared [yet]. The New York State Bar association is working towards removing him from their rolls.
PS who is responsible for disbaring legal types?
Last edited by isaac_newton on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:11 pm

Joat42
Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:I see that Guilani is being disbared, and the PGA is no longer playing next years open at one of Trumps courses.

Also that mad Sidney 'The Kraken' Powell is being sued for $1,300,000,000 by Dominion voting systems for deformation.

And the hits just keep coming: JP Morgan, Marriott, and other major companies are stopping political donations after the Capitol Insurrection

---

Post by Joat42   » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:32 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:I see that Guilani is being disbared, and the PGA is no longer playing next years open at one of Trumps courses.

And the hits just keep coming: JP Morgan, Marriott, and other major companies are stopping political donations after the Capitol Insurrection

It seems some of those who where at Capitol Hill where identified and put on the no-fly list and couldn't board their flights home.

Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.

---

Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:

I see that Liz Cheney [R Wyoming] is calling for impeachment in the strongest terms!!
also Joint Chiefs have issued a pretty forcefull letter standing behind Biden
:lol: :lol:

'Oft evil shall evil mar'
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:35 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Isaac Newton wrote

[Edit] I was a bit previous: G is not being disbared [yet]. The New York State Bar association is working towards removing him from their rolls.
PS who is responsible for disbaring legal types?

My response:

The bar associations are professional societies who would discipline their own. I am a bit unclear about the relationship of those groups to the state governments sinse I understand that to practice law you must be a bar association member.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Eyal   » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:58 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

n7axw wrote:The bar associations are professional societies who would discipline their own. I am a bit unclear about the relationship of those groups to the state governments sinse I understand that to practice law you must be a bar association member.

Don

-

Some states require membership in a bar association*, some don't.

*Not to be confused with membership or admission to the bar, which is permission to practice in that state/court.
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Eyal wrote:
n7axw wrote:The bar associations are professional societies who would discipline their own. I am a bit unclear about the relationship of those groups to the state governments sinse I understand that to practice law you must be a bar association member.

Don

-

Some states require membership in a bar association*, some don't.

*Not to be confused with membership or admission to the bar, which is permission to practice in that state/court.

ah-ha... do you happen to know about NY?
- assuming that is where RG is licensed.

Return to Politics