Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Duckk   » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:55 am

Duckk
Site Admin

EDIT: David and Sharon contracted COVID sometime around Christmas. They were driven to the hospital and are currently undergoing treatment. See later posts for updates.

From Facebook:

Okay. Since people have been asking, here's what's going on production wise.

(1) INTO THE LIGHT (with Chris Kennedy) — the sequel to OUT OF THE DARK — is coming out in January 2021.

(2) GOVERNOR (with Richard Fox) — the first in a prequel series set in the FURY universe, but three or four centuries earlier. It will follow the creation of the Terran Empire and the creation of the Cadre. It is scheduled for June of 2021.

(3) STILL UNTITLED (with Eric Flint) — we have a working title, but neither of us thrilled with it. The next in the Victor and Anton thread (with Damien Harahap now added to the mix) in the Honorverse — is currently scheduled for October 2021, I believe.

(4) FOOLS IN PERIL (with Jane Lindskold) — the next Stephanie Harrington novel. The title is still flexible. I am finishing up my edit on the manuscript this weekend (hopefully), but it's not scheduled yet.

(5) A CALL TO INSURRECTION (with Tim Zahn and Tom Pope) — Tom and I have delayed Tim quite a lot on this one, with health problems and some other issues. The manuscript is now back in Tim's hands; it's about 40% complete, and that's about all I can tell you about that one right this minute. Except to reiterate that the delay is not Tim's fault in any way.

(6) The sequel to THE VALKYRIE PROTOCOL (with Jacob Holo) — Jacob has completed his first draft, and that's part of the deck clearing I need to get to Sometime Real Soon Now™.

(7) HONOR HARRINGTON ANTHOLOGY — this one has been hanging fire for YEARS, and I intend to get my story for it written and then get it into the pipeline ASAP.

(8) planning sessions: I need to get with Chris to plan the sequel to INTO THE LIGHT, with Richard to plan the sequel to GOVERNOR, with Jane to plan the next Stephanie novel, and with Joelle Presby to plan the sequel to THE ROAD TO HELL.

(9) NEXT SAFEHOLD BOOK — this is my next solo writing project, which I will begin the instant I have enough breathing space on the collaborations.

(10) NEXT NORFRESSA BOOK — the sequel to THE SWORD OF THE SOUTH, which will be the solo project following immediately after Safehold.

There! At least you can tell I really have been doing stuff during the flupocalypse!
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Re: David status update
Post by justdave   » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:23 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Duckk wrote:From Facebook:

Okay. Since people have been asking, here's what's going on production wise.

(1) INTO THE LIGHT (with Chris Kennedy) — the sequel to OUT OF THE DARK — is coming out in January 2021.

(2) GOVERNOR (with Richard Fox) — the first in a prequel series set in the FURY universe, but three or four centuries earlier. It will follow the creation of the Terran Empire and the creation of the Cadre. It is scheduled for June of 2021.

(3) STILL UNTITLED (with Eric Flint) — we have a working title, but neither of us thrilled with it. The next in the Victor and Anton thread (with Damien Harahap now added to the mix) in the Honorverse — is currently scheduled for October 2021, I believe.

(4) FOOLS IN PERIL (with Jane Lindskold) — the next Stephanie Harrington novel. The title is still flexible. I am finishing up my edit on the manuscript this weekend (hopefully), but it's not scheduled yet.

(5) A CALL TO INSURRECTION (with Tim Zahn and Tom Pope) — Tom and I have delayed Tim quite a lot on this one, with health problems and some other issues. The manuscript is now back in Tim's hands; it's about 40% complete, and that's about all I can tell you about that one right this minute. Except to reiterate that the delay is not Tim's fault in any way.

(6) The sequel to THE VALKYRIE PROTOCOL (with Jacob Holo) — Jacob has completed his first draft, and that's part of the deck clearing I need to get to Sometime Real Soon Now™.

(7) HONOR HARRINGTON ANTHOLOGY — this one has been hanging fire for YEARS, and I intend to get my story for it written and then get it into the pipeline ASAP.

(8) planning sessions: I need to get with Chris to plan the sequel to INTO THE LIGHT, with Richard to plan the sequel to GOVERNOR, with Jane to plan the next Stephanie novel, and with Joelle Presby to plan the sequel to THE ROAD TO HELL.

(9) NEXT SAFEHOLD BOOK — this is my next solo writing project, which I will begin the instant I have enough breathing space on the collaborations.

(10) NEXT NORFRESSA BOOK — the sequel to THE SWORD OF THE SOUTH, which will be the solo project following immediately after Safehold.

There! At least you can tell I really have been doing stuff during the flupocalypse!

also looking forward to RMMC Harrington novel whenever!
Post by Cartref   » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:03 am

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Thank you for the update.

Really looking forward to the next Safehold and War God books
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:05 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

I see there is no mention of a Saganami/Shadows book, will we ever know what becomes of Norbrandt?
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:04 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:I see there is no mention of a Saganami/Shadows book, will we ever know what becomes of Norbrandt?

I doubt about Norbrandt. She and her terrorists will be caught and tried off-scene; we may get a comment in a conversation, but I don't expect to see more chapters in taking place in Split.

I also suspect that all HH books that aren't collaborations with Eric Flint (the CS sub-series) will be "mainline" for the next couple of years. So, yes and no: the Saganami/Shadow books will exist, but they will also be the mainline. The fact that David has already renumbered the full series to include the previous SI books supports that idea.

As a consequence of that, I don't expect much to be happening in the Talbott Quadrant, aside from maybe some discussions between the Governor, the military commander (who may not be Kumalo for long), and possibly the CO of Tenth Fleet if they're around (who will likely be Henke for some time). I predict the action will be balanced between all the sectors (Haven, Talbott, Madras, Maya, Mesa-Visigoth and Core).
Post by Peter2   » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you very much, Duckk – you relieve my mind. I was getting worried that the health of David and family was deteriorating to a degree which would preclude much more output of any sort. I'm delighted, much more for David's sake than ours, to see that that is not the case.
Post by richburris   » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:33 pm

richburris
Midshipman

Assuming by the amount of activity mentioned David is OK? I was hoping to get some assurance that he is well not just his production information. I've been reading his books for many years and would miss his writing; but what is important is that he is well, I hope so.
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:40 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:I see there is no mention of a Saganami/Shadows book, will we ever know what becomes of Norbrandt?

I doubt about Norbrandt. She and her terrorists will be caught and tried off-scene; we may get a comment in a conversation, but I don't expect to see more chapters in taking place in Split.

I also suspect that all HH books that aren't collaborations with Eric Flint (the CS sub-series) will be "mainline" for the next couple of years. So, yes and no: the Saganami/Shadow books will exist, but they will also be the mainline. The fact that David has already renumbered the full series to include the previous SI books supports that idea.

As a consequence of that, I don't expect much to be happening in the Talbott Quadrant, aside from maybe some discussions between the Governor, the military commander (who may not be Kumalo for long), and possibly the CO of Tenth Fleet if they're around (who will likely be Henke for some time). I predict the action will be balanced between all the sectors (Haven, Talbott, Madras, Maya, Mesa-Visigoth and Core).

TAKE AUGUSTUS KHUMALO AWAY FROM ME AND BE PREPARED TO WATCH ME RIOT

In other news, hello! I survived COVIDpocalypse (mostly) but have more or less been holding on by a mental thread all year. There is now a light at the end of the tunnel, however, and I should be around more for the foreseeable future - particularly with all these exciting new releases coming up!!

(Now where is my Tom-and-Eloise-centric Haven Freedom Saga, dammit?? :lol: 8-) )

Also, yes, I am thrilled that His Celeryness appears to be more or less alive and well. We lost a lot in 2020 but at least we didn't lose him.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Senior Chief   » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:41 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Peter2 wrote:Thank you very much, Duckk – you relieve my mind. I was getting worried that the health of David and family was deteriorating to a degree which would preclude much more output of any sort. I'm delighted, much more for David's sake than ours, to see that that is not the case.

I saw on a another website, FB post from a Ringo fan that David Weber was admitted to the hospital with covid. Nothing else was said.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:23 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:

I saw on a another website, FB post from a Ringo fan that David Weber was admitted to the hospital with covid. Nothing else was said.

*quietly panics*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to David's Dimension