Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

Is Honorverse ended after the last book

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Is Honorverse ended after the last book
Post by Marconos   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:22 am

Marconos
Ensign

I'm just wondering if there is planned a new series with Honor's kids or something after the last main storyline book? Is it completed at far as David plans on taking it?

Been trying to find something on it somewhere but can't get any search results that find anything.

Anyone here have any information?
Re: Is Honorverse ended after the last book
Post by munroburton   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:59 am

munroburton
Admiral

There is one coming next year or so.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10669
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:03 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

munroburton wrote:There is one coming next year or so.

TL;DR: No, it's not over and no, the kids don't look like protagonists for the next set of books.

We're expecting a Crown of Slaves book in the next year or so and it'll pick up where UH left off. After this, we can only guess and I guess the next one is a "mainline-without-Honor" book (you may call them Saganami Island sub-series).

Elsewhere in the Honorverse, there's a fourth Manticore Ascendant coming RealSoonNow™ (David, Tim and Tom haven't told us how many more they are on contract for), then a fourth, fifth and sixth Star Kingdom featuring Stephanie Harrington. On MA, on The Weberverse YouTube channel, David mentioned he wants to take it to the discovery of the wormhole and he'd like to bridge all the way to Edward Saganami himself, but he hasn't yet decided how because Travis would be 100 years old when Saganami is born.
Post by tlb   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:21 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

On one of the talk videos he said the next novel that he does alone will probably be about the events before Beauty and the Beast, that convinced Honor's father to become a doctor (there are hints about these events in the short story).
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:27 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:On one of the talk videos he said the next novel that he does alone will probably be about the events before Beauty and the Beast, that convinced Honor's father to become a doctor (there are hints about these events in the short story).

That sounds like content for an Anthology. Or even in a collection edited by someone else, like Infinite Stars was with "Our Sacred Honor" (probably not though, that was a short story).

One more thing that is pending: House of Lies, the story of Haven's founding and the Jayne portion on the RHN.
Post by Buthation   » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Buthation
Midshipman

huge thanks, i was wondering same thing as OP and i didn't know about it. thanks again for hope
Post by Marconos   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Marconos
Ensign

Thank you to you (and the other repliers). I was looking all over and haven't been able to find anything. I have been rereading the entire honorverse series and I'm ready for more again ;)
Post by Randomiser   » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:48 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Oh My, this is really kinda concerning. The first half of the video is fine and on point in his anecdotal kind of way, but the second half is unstructured, seriously vague and his gaze keeps wandering around all over the place, at anywhere but the camera. He has trouble remembering when books are coming out and he hasn't bothered to look up any of the details beforehand. My kids would be worried if I was as vague as this on an unexpected Zoom call. To be letting this go out, after editing, (there's a fancy transition in the middle) as a piece of social media advertising for your professional work ....

Return to Honorverse