Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Sean Connery dead at age 90

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Sean Connery dead at age 90
Post by Arol   » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:06 am

Arol
Captain of the List

A great actor and IMO the best James Bond portrayal to date has passed.
My best anecdote about him was told by his friend and fellow actor Michael Caine.
It was when they made the film “The man Who Would be King” together for United Artist.
Connery was working on contract that stipulated he would get part of the profits of the film. Well when the accounts were made up, he felt that United Artists had stiffed him for his share.
So he and his wife went over the accounts minutely, and discovered that he was right, and they took the company to court, and won. The company was forced to pay up, together with punitive damages. It eventually forced the company into receivership! :lol:
Moral of the story: don’t fuck with James Bond, and a Scottish James Bond at that!!!
He’ll be missed. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
Re: Sean Connery dead at age 90
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:41 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Like his movie of the same name, I hope he lived twice.

I couldn't wait until I could afford to drive a British Bulldog. I bought a Vanquish a long time ago. The image is one of my favorite desktops.

What a long list of bond girls.

I would be hard-pressed to vote on his best movie. He had so many, even beyond the Bond franchise.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Free-Range Topics...