Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by Arol   » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

The E wrote:Herman Cain, former GOP politician, died from complications arising from COVID-19. His social media account, however, lives on in the hands of some GOP ghoul, somewhere.

What’s next?
Write off the fatalities to their hearts stopped beating? :evil:
Post by Arol   » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:34 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Facetiousness aside, and even without medical training, I maintain that even if the 97% is factual, that it wasn’t the “underlying causes” that cut their lives short.
It was the Grim Reaper in the guise of Covid that was the cause.
That we all have a rendezvous with the Reaper is carved in stone, it’s also impossible to know how the 97% would have fared without contracting Covid, but they did, and that; if we are to believe the 97%, was what exacerbated their underlying causes.
That without contracting Covid there is a least a chance that some of them with the aid of modern medicine and health care would have been able to survive. :(
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:08 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Yeah I had this pop up on my facebook feed from someone and had to spend a significant amount of time explaining to them that no... that doesn't mean only a small percentage of the reported Covid deaths were due to Covid, they were ALL due to Covid.

My head wanted to meet my desk many many times.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:16 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Says some pretty bad things about the base health of Americans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Says some pretty bad things about the base health of Americans.

I can use myself as an example. Four years ago my leukemia peaked, and between it and the chemo I ended up with virtually no immune system. So I've been self isolating since. My immune system is slowly recovering back to about 50% at present, and given time will be OK. Meanwhile the cancer is in indefinite remission, and may never return. So without Covid I may well live on for another 20+ years.
However if I get Covid I could well be toast, with low immunity, over 70 and over weight. So I would be listed as having a comorbidity.
Post by The E   » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:35 am

The E
Admiral

Arol wrote:Facetiousness aside, and even without medical training, I maintain that even if the 97% is factual, that it wasn’t the “underlying causes” that cut their lives short.
It was the Grim Reaper in the guise of Covid that was the cause.
That we all have a rendezvous with the Reaper is carved in stone, it’s also impossible to know how the 97% would have fared without contracting Covid, but they did, and that; if we are to believe the 97%, was what exacerbated their underlying causes.
That without contracting Covid there is a least a chance that some of them with the aid of modern medicine and health care would have been able to survive. :(

Yeah, my basic point here is that people who are raging about how unnecessary the lockdown measures are because "COVID is not that deadly" are missing the point: Regardless of whether the cause of death is COVID itself or complications that arise in conjunction with COVID and other health issues, we can say with near absolute certainty that the people who died could have been saved, if only quarantine measures had been followed more stringently, if only the wearing of face masks and following social distancing measures hadn't become a shibboleth in some left/right debate.
Post by Arol   » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:37 am

Arol
Captain of the List

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/3 ... ope-406361
It does seem like this money could be better spent then on what is patently a propaganda campaign!
Post by Joat42   » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Donald Trump wrote:"I have to say that, to me, President Erdoğan was very good," Trump told Brunson. "And I know they had you scheduled for a long time, and you were a very innocent person, and he ultimately, after we had a few conversations, he agreed. So we appreciate that, and we appreciate the people of Turkey."

The above is what Trump said to pastor Andrew Brunson among others, who had been jailed by Erdoğan for 2 years...

:roll:

"Me, me, me, me". The word narcissist doesn't even scratch the surface.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:54 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:
Annachie wrote:Says some pretty bad things about the base health of Americans.

I can use myself as an example. Four years ago my leukemia peaked, and between it and the chemo I ended up with virtually no immune system. So I've been self isolating since. My immune system is slowly recovering back to about 50% at present, and given time will be OK. Meanwhile the cancer is in indefinite remission, and may never return. So without Covid I may well live on for another 20+ years.
However if I get Covid I could well be toast, with low immunity, over 70 and over weight. So I would be listed as having a comorbidity.

Even though at age 74 my health has been good, I am still considered high risk. My wife catches pneumonia at the drop of a hat which puts her in the super high risk category.

As I understand Trumps solution, as long as we avoid being tested, we should be fine...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Eyal   » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:45 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

After alleging voter fraud ever since the 2016 election, the President of the United States has just called on his supporters to commit it.

Return to Politics