Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Chemical Formula for Handwavium

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Playing around in the lab, I stumbled upon the formula for Handwavium. It is deceptive, and a strong base for some pretty mean stuff. It closely resembles a common molecule. It is missing a Hydrogen atom because it doesn't hold water.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Chemical Formula for Handwavium
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It's an imposter!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:46 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Nominally known as pixie dust, a little goes a long way in explaining unnatural aspects of nature.

Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:51 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It remained undetected for centuries because it pops in and out of the periodic chart without an explanation.

Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It is used in varying degrees by artists around the world as a base and primer to paint a canvas.

The greater artists use it sparingly.

Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It is such a powerful formula, it is said that nary a masterpiece has been painted without it.

Post by Daryl   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:46 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Hydrogen peroxide?
Post by Duckk   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:03 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Moved to Free Range
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by cthia   » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It is actually the hydroxide ion. And would be written as OH. One atom of anything is implied and does not have to be written.

Hydrogen Peroxide is actually 22.

Post by Brigade XO   » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:15 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Are you sure Pixie Dust isn't actualy Pixie Dandruff? That would explain a lot.

Return to Free-Range Topics...