Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Conventions & Book Signings

Pull up a chair and talk to Sharon about care and feeding of an author, life in the literary world, crochet, or just life in general.
Conventions & Book Signings
Post by Duckk   » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes...

How are convention appearances and book signings determined? I've been keeping an eye out for something in the Ohio area, but as far as I know there hasn't been any.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Re: Conventions & Book Signings
Post by SharonWMBO   » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:34 pm

SharonWMBO
First Lady of the Admiralty

Duckk wrote:Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes...

How are convention appearances and book signings determined? I've been keeping an eye out for something in the Ohio area, but as far as I know there hasn't been any.

Really it comes down to who asks David to do a con...He does 4 a year and it is first come,first served...If we can't make a con for the year asked we try to work it into the next years list if the con is willing...

Signing are a bit different...the publisher who is sending David ao a book signing tour is the one who says where he goes and when. Also, most places will not pay to do a signing alone.

Hope this answers your question!
Post by Duckk   » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Yup, thanks!
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Johnak   » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 am

Johnak
Midshipman

Hi,

in David's schedule of upcoming events is a Londom Book Fair Festival next April. Is this confirmed? For us, David's European fans, it would be great news that he would visit our side of the ocean and there are many people who would love to see him.

And do you plan to come along?

Thank you for your answer.

Johnak
Post by SharonWMBO   » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 pm

SharonWMBO
First Lady of the Admiralty

Johnak wrote:Hi,

in David's schedule of upcoming events is a Londom Book Fair Festival next April. Is this confirmed? For us, David's European fans, it would be great news that he would visit our side of the ocean and there are many people who would love to see him.

Johnak

Bean Books has told us we are going so, yes, we are planning on being there next April. (Barring anything "really bad" happening between now and then.) And since David is not allowed to be off alone, (he gets lost or into too much trouble by himself!) I will be going with him. David has never been to England although we did spend two weeks in Ireland on our honeymoon. We will also be having our anniversery while we are there and are really looking forward to the trip!

I think that he will have a book signing and some other events but the details are still being worked out.When the dates and times are set they will be posted here on the website.
Post by Sasha   » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 pm

Sasha
Ensign

All sorts of things I didn't know in this one. I'm learning fast, though.

You wouldn't happen to know when the other SC (Southern California) might be in the schedule?
Post by John Prigent   » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:09 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I don't know how I missed this post before - but Yahoo! I shall absolutely have[i] to get to the Book Fair, it's only about 40 miles away from home.

Cheers

John
[/i]
SharonWMBO wrote:
Johnak wrote:Hi,

Johnak

Bean Books has told us we are going so, yes, we are planning on being there next April. (Barring anything "really bad" happening between now and then.) And since David is not allowed to be off alone, (he gets lost or into too much trouble by himself!) I will be going with him. David has never been to England although we did spend two weeks in Ireland on our honeymoon. We will also be having our anniversery while we are there and are really looking forward to the trip!

I think that he will have a book signing and some other events but the details are still being worked out.When the dates and times are set they will be posted here on the website.
Post by CathyH   » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 pm

CathyH
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

You and David will love London. It might be possible--you need to write first to the Constable of H.M. Tower of London, for you to watch the "Ceremony Of The Keys" however advanced permission is needed.

St. Martin's In The Fields (the Royal Parish Church) is well worth a visit, it is also, by tradition the actors and artist's church.

Part of the old Roman Wall still stand near St. Paul's. In fact there is soo much to see, that really, you could spend a month in London alone
Post by Doodle   » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:29 am

Doodle
Midshipman

Maybe Florida's 'MegaCon' in Orlando can be kicked into asking for a spot XD or some other FL based sci-fi con.

You know you want to come to Florida~ haha =)

Thanks for all the useful information!
Post by ehiltebe   » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:27 pm

ehiltebe
Midshipman

I've heard that David is going to be at GenCon in Indianapolis this coming weekend. Is there any truth to this, or have I just overheard some wishful thinking?

Return to Sharon's Corner