Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Update on next Safehold book

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Update on next Safehold book
Post by oyohan   » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:55 pm

oyohan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Erls wrote:Safehold is most definitely not in a good place to stop.

At the very least, Safehold needs to progress to the point where the Hamilcar is no longer functional and/or no longer a danger to Charis. That is, Safehold has to reach the place where they can safely introduce and use electricity and space flight.

If the story of taking out the gbaba is never told, oh well.

I've always wondered how much Safehold would follow along the Dahak series. There are so many similarities with Cayleb's story (or more likely his heirs) and Sean McIntyre establishing a new Fifth Imperium.

As one of DW's earlier works, Mutineer's Moon references the Soviet Union of all things.

But how much the gbaba resemble the achuultani remains to be seen. It's a timely concept, biologicals being enslaved by a singularity. I've always felt that the story was rushed into 3 books and I very much enjoy what we're getting with Safehold.

I've always felt DW has an affinity for this type of story. We see parts of it in Dahak and BOLO but it's really being fleshed out here in Safehold.

Currently going through a reread of the series... and then maybe I'll reread the Stormlight archives before book 4 comes out.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:34 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

You might want to check out:
How Safehold won't end

It's been a while, but this is still a fun romp.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by FriarBob   » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:05 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:You might want to check out:
How Safehold won't end

It's been a while, but this is still a fun romp.

Yeah that one was hilarious. Now he just needs to hurry up and let us know how it WILL end.
Post by Jeslis   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:55 am

Jeslis

Hiyas;

Worth noting that (and I believe this is from the horses mouth himselfs) the reason the Dahak//Sean Mcintyre story is so similar is because Safehold existed first (but not in a published state)..

So what RFC did, believing that it wouldn't ever be a published story, is condensed the entire thing into the 'short story' that is the.. 3rd? book of the Empire of Man series.

AFTERWARDS, Safehold got picked up by a publisher (it has a different publisher than the Honorverse for sure).

oyohan wrote:

At the very least, Safehold needs to progress to the point where the Hamilcar is no longer functional and/or no longer a danger to Charis. That is, Safehold has to reach the place where they can safely introduce and use electricity and space flight.

I've always wondered how much Safehold would follow along the Dahak series. There are so many similarities with Cayleb's story (or more likely his heirs) and Sean McIntyre establishing a new Fifth Imperium.

As one of DW's earlier works, Mutineer's Moon references the Soviet Union of all things.

But how much the gbaba resemble the achuultani remains to be seen. It's a timely concept, biologicals being enslaved by a singularity. I've always felt that the story was rushed into 3 books and I very much enjoy what we're getting with Safehold.

I've always felt DW has an affinity for this type of story. We see parts of it in Dahak and BOLO but it's really being fleshed out here in Safehold.

Currently going through a reread of the series... and then maybe I'll reread the Stormlight archives before book 4 comes out.
Post by Hiruu   » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Hiruu
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

oyohan wrote:

Agreed! I Enjoyed the Mutineer's Moon series, but I've loved the world building in Safehold, so much more than the previous release. I'm okay with the wait, as I've got alot of big series (Spellmonger, Fires of Vengeance and Stormlight) releasing in October thru December, but hopefully we get some news early next year.
Post by bkwormlisa   » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:08 pm

bkwormlisa
Commander

Jeslis wrote:Hiyas;

Worth noting that (and I believe this is from the horses mouth himselfs) the reason the Dahak//Sean Mcintyre story is so similar is because Safehold existed first (but not in a published state)..

So what RFC did, believing that it wouldn't ever be a published story, is condensed the entire thing into the 'short story' that is the.. 3rd? book of the Empire of Man series.

AFTERWARDS, Safehold got picked up by a publisher (it has a different publisher than the Honorverse for sure).

FYI, the Empire of Man series is the Prince Roger books (March Upcountry and sequels). The Dahak books are Empire from the Ashes.
Post by Jeslis   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 am

Jeslis

Ack! Sorry; yes, I definitely meant the Dahak series.

bkwormlisa wrote:
Jeslis wrote:Hiyas;

FYI, the Empire of Man series is the Prince Roger books (March Upcountry and sequels). The Dahak books are Empire from the Ashes.
Post by cnrd22   » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:44 am

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Any recent updates on the next Safehold book?
Post by Erls   » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

cnrd22 wrote:Any recent updates on the next Safehold book?

I've been thinking the same thing for the past couple of months!

Well, that and any update on the next Manticore Ascendant book.
Post by Alistair   » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

Erls wrote:
cnrd22 wrote:Any recent updates on the next Safehold book?

I've been thinking the same thing for the past couple of months!

Well, that and any update on the next Manticore Ascendant book.

yes it would be great to see an update!

Return to Safehold