Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans
Post by n7axw   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:I'm curious; should our great poet, universally-known Alexander Pushkin be considered African-Russian? :) His ancestor (great-grandfather) was Ibrahim Hannibal, black slave send to Piotr the Great as a gift from Ottomans - who later became one of Tsar's closest friends, wealthy aristocrat and Russian Army general.

I remember that story... The answer is that those labels all have history behind them. I propose you don't start importing our problems. I am sure you have enough of your own.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Don,

Part of my frustration in the "other" thread was caused by witnessing two more George Floyd like incidents just before that post. One in Pennsylvania.

A cop was kneeling on another Black man's neck. The poor man was screaming, "I thought Black Lives Matter." Another incident of the same nature happened just days apart elsewhere in the country. I don't get it. What's wrong with Cops! Where have they been the last several weeks? He's clearly kneeling on the man's neck. You never see that tactic used when interacting with a white "suspect."

RESULT: Administrative leave. A vacation. If you're a cop and you want a vacation, simply kneel on a Black man's neck.

I think Trump would love to see another civil war. The sad thing is, if Black people stop protesting in peace (like they've done over two centuries)* and start killing racist cops who are murdering them in the street, the world will see them as savages, and not humans acting in self defense with a right to live. Blacks would surely lose a lot, if not all, of the support they have from most White people.

*Technically, over four centuries of oppression.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:17 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Don,

Part of my frustration in the "other" thread was caused by witnessing two more George Floyd like incidents just before that post. One in Pennsylvania.

A cop was kneeling on another Black man's neck. The poor man was screaming, "I thought Black Lives Matter." Another incident of the same nature happened just days apart elsewhere in the country. I don't get it. What's wrong with Cops! Where have they been the last several weeks? He's clearly kneeling on the man's neck. You never see that tactic used when interacting with a white "suspect."

RESULT: Administrative leave. A vacation. If you're a cop and you want a vacation, simply kneel on a Black man's neck.

I think Trump would love to see another civil war. The sad thing is, if Black people stop protesting in peace (like they've done over two centuries)* and start killing racist cops who are murdering them in the street, the world will see them as savages, and not humans acting in self defense with a right to live. Blacks would surely lose a lot, if not all, of the support they have from most White people.

*Technically, over four centuries of oppression.

Yes to all of this... The problem we all face is that if we keep our outrage button constantly pushed, we burn ourselves out. Also, even worse than living with being outraged is the sense of helplessness. Nothing I can do to make it better... except vote.

For me that is where faith in God kicks in... although I'm not above wondering where God is leading us.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

A Catch 22? If we don't keep our fingers on the buttons, the rage could die down and cool enough to be swept under the rug.

You think God is leading? Or is he waiting for the moment to whisk us away - as witnessed in Revelations - before we fall off the cliff.

Many Christians seem to think we are nearing the end of times where there is said to wars and rumors of wars and pestilence and disease and ...

The Great Tribulation.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:15 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:A Catch 22? If we don't keep our fingers on the buttons, the rage could die down and cool enough to be swept under the rug.

You think God is leading? Or is he waiting for the moment to whisk us away - as witnessed in Revelations - before we fall off the cliff.

Many Christians seem to think we are nearing the end of times where there is said to wars and rumors of wars and pestilence and disease and ...

The Great Tribulation.

That moment will come... at a time we do not know. Speculating about it is futile...

In another sense, blending theology with history, the great tribulation has happened many times... bronze age collapse, fall of Western Roman Empire, black death, 30 years war, on and on it goes. All of this seemed like the end or the beginning of the end to the people living through them.

So what happens after the end? Whatever God has in mind to happen next. God is always doing a new thing. Out of the ashes something new is born...

I've wondered if the next round could focus around climate change.. Speaking in secular terms, the judgement of God is people experiencing the consequences of their own actions...

Don

-
Post by cthia   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:19 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:
cthia wrote:A Catch 22? If we don't keep our fingers on the buttons, the rage could die down and cool enough to be swept under the rug.

The Great Tribulation.

That moment will come... at a time we do not know. Speculating about it is futile...

In another sense, blending theology with history, the great tribulation has happened many times... bronze age collapse, fall of Western Roman Empire, black death, 30 years war, on and on it goes. All of this seemed like the end or the beginning of the end to the people living through them.

So what happens after the end? Whatever God has in mind to happen next. God is always doing a new thing. Out of the ashes something new is born...

I've wondered if the next round could focus around climate change.. Speaking in secular terms, the judgement of God is people experiencing the consequences of their own actions...

Don

-

After the actual Tribulation, we know what will happen.

Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:07 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

That will come. Wait for it. Anticipate it. Hope for it. Yearn for it. But it comes when we are least expecting it, at a moment we do not know. Such hoping empowers us to receive the future from God... one day at a time.

Don

-
Post by Daryl   » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:22 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Being a secular person I tend to think in terms of Albert Einstein's comment.
Words to the effect of "I'm not sure as to exactly what weapons will be used in WW3, But I do know what will be used in WW4. Sticks and stones".

What does frighten me in the relative short term is a scenario of -
Trump loses, and doesn't take it well, neither do his "deplorables".
During the period between the election and inauguration, Xi decides to move on Taiwan, figuring that the US is distracted and leaderless.
The US does react, one thing leads to another, and the nuclear clock strikes midnight.
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:27 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Being a secular person I tend to think in terms of Albert Einstein's comment.
Words to the effect of "I'm not sure as to exactly what weapons will be used in WW3, But I do know what will be used in WW4. Sticks and stones".

What does frighten me in the relative short term is a scenario of -
Trump loses, and doesn't take it well, neither do his "deplorables".
During the period between the election and inauguration, Xi decides to move on Taiwan, figuring that the US is distracted and leaderless.
The US does react, one thing leads to another, and the nuclear clock strikes midnight.

That could happen. But unlike Trump, Xi is a smart, calculating man who knows full well the consequences of that.He is no more interested in seeing his country destroyed than we are ours.

For me it's climate change which if we don't get a handle on it could be a truly civilization ending event. I don't wish to live long enough to see it. And normally I am a forward looking, figure it out kind of guy.

Don

-
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

The Federal Government perpetuates racism... Just look at your 2020 Census paperwork... What ethnic background... I list two human beings as occupants of my household and mail it back and never have I been called to clarify.

I have family whose ancestors came from Africa, Mexico, and Europe; we have Catholic, Jews, Protestants and Latter Day Saints in the family and of course we have Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and homosexuals. You know what? None of us go out and do the kind of BS that is going in Portland or other places.

My family are teachers, military, police officers, office workers, lawyers, doctors, students and retirees. What our family has in common is love of country and we are very prejudices against bias media of all kinds, stupid, ignorant, racist individuals and groups.

Return to Politics