Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Putin bounties on US troops, and Trump's response.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Putin bounties on US troops, and Trump's response.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
The E wrote:
And yet, letting someone put bounties on your soldier's heads is the sort of thing that kinda demands a response; it doesn't have to be a big splashy one, but it's a challenge that can't go unanswered.

Problem is, that it is not proven fact. It is what "US intelligence concluded", which boil down to "how some facts and clues were interpreted to appease superiors". There are no proofs; only accusations. And we all knew that by now American's official word could seriously drop the cost of paper, on which it is written.

The scandal really Isn't that Russia is doing whatever its doing. It is that Trump is enabling it.

No, It's not proven fact. But the difficulty is that the sort of thing that would constitute proof probably can't be put out in the public.

As for America's word, I know that I don't trust us right now, especially if it comes out of the White House. But I don't think anything official has been said.

As for Afghanistan, I am in favor of pulling out. This was a response to the Twin Towers attack and Al Queda is long gone. Whether going in there was a good response in the first place is at best debatable. What should have been obvious was that the place was a sink for both human and material resources. I guess the reason we are still there is that someone still worries that the area could once again be used as the staging area for an attack.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Don't worry folks.

It's a fake story, didn't happen, and he was never briefed on it either.

Or so Trumps latest diatribe on the subject appears to say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:29 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Don't worry folks.

Yeah, that was inevitable, wasn't it. I wish that the man's integrity was such that we could believe him. The scarey part is that he probably believes himself. But he is who he is and if wishes were pennies We'd all be millionaires... Just a bit over 4 months to the election.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Don't worry folks.

Inevitably followed by the independent confirmation that yeah... it did happen:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/politics ... index.html

European intel officials confirming to CNN it's legit. So now their best defense is what... try to claim after 3 and a half years running the government Trump doesn't have a single person in his administration who would tell him Russia was paying bounties for dead US soldiers? Because yeah... that would make him look like a super effective president...
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:29 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Or too busy watching White Power video's to pay attention.

That's an excuse I could believe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:34 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

The story about the bounty on Russia placing a bounty on coalition troops keeps growing. It turns out that an American unit raided a Taliban camp and found a half million in cash apparently to pay bounties. Also it turns out that this story has been perking for over a year. Despite denials, the White House was briefed and the NSC has discussed ways to respond. But nothing happened, apparently because Trump was unwilling to sign off on a response.

A wonderful kettle of fish, huh...

Don

-
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 am

Dilandu
Admiral

n7axw wrote:The story about the bounty on Russia placing a bounty on coalition troops keeps growing. It turns out that an American unit raided a Taliban camp and found a half million in cash apparently to pay bounties. Also it turns out that this story has been perking for over a year. Despite denials, the White House was briefed and the NSC has discussed ways to respond. But nothing happened, apparently because Trump was unwilling to sign off on a response.

Don

-

In other words; they found money and deduced that it must be bounties and of course put by Evul Russianz.

Seriously, this is started to get both annoying and demonstrative.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by The E   » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:55 am

The E
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:In other words; they found money and deduced that it must be bounties and of course put by Evul Russianz.

You do realize that we know that the russian government is doing some deeply shady shit out in the world, right?
And that you protesting your country's innocence is meaningless, because you do not know the details of every shady business your government is engaging in?
Post by cthia   » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
n7axw wrote:The story about the bounty on Russia placing a bounty on coalition troops keeps growing. It turns out that an American unit raided a Taliban camp and found a half million in cash apparently to pay bounties. Also it turns out that this story has been perking for over a year. Despite denials, the White House was briefed and the NSC has discussed ways to respond. But nothing happened, apparently because Trump was unwilling to sign off on a response.

Don

-

In other words; they found money and deduced that it must be bounties and of course put by Evul Russianz.

Oh please! If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, acts like a duck, sings like a duck, has WINGS like a duck, it's Russia.

Can't believe what American government says? Oh please again. Russia lies to itself, it's people, and the world when the world sees it! Remember that conversation in the Floating Chernobyl thread? Your country can't even trust itself.

I know, I know. That's old Russia huh? Back when it was in chaos? Well, Russia isn't in chaos now. You're a well organized bunch of thugs.

But believe me, I do understand, I think. Kinda hard to sift through Russian shit. It's easier for the Iron Curtain to lie to the world and its citizens, even when they're dying of radiation.

You seem to get annoyed quite a bit when truths are spoken about Russia. You must be annoyed quite a bit. Guess who can give a shit?

But you CAN help me OUT ...

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DEVIANTLY SICK SORDID SEXUAL SHITTY SHIT DOES PUTIN HAVE ON TRUMP!?

And yes, I admit it, you groomed the right American president for the job, perfectly!

I guess he's American. I can't trucking tell. Perhaps we need to see HIS birth certificate.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:05 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:

Don

-

One thing I should have mentioned was that Intel monitored a large transfer of money from Moscow into a Taliban related account. Also the bounty info was gotten from captured Taliban prisoners...

Actually Dilandu, nobody here is actually anti-Russian. At least I'm not. But nobody likes Putin and his cronies. From here they look like a combination of the Russian mob and a government. Their number one victim hasn't been us. It has been the Russian people. They enrich themselves at your expense. Money that should have gone into modernization has instead gone into the pockets of Putin and his cronies. What he has done to annoy us is really petty change compared to that.

Don

-

Return to Politics