Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests

A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: A Clearing House of Crimes against African Americans
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:42 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Nobody can think of any blatant crimes carried out against African Americans? There are plenty of examples daily. Perhaps the problem in this country is even worse than I thought. If you are sitting on the fence, you are part of the problem.

ZVar wrote:How about the main thing first. Stop calling them African-American!

Maybe 3 in total are from Africa. Call them what they are. Americans. They want to be identified as a separate population, but when they are treated differently it's racism?

"Them?" That's a much worse transgression than you propose. You cannot put the cart before the horse. When African Americans are treated as Americans, then you can rightly call African Americans, Americans.

You do not demand the same of other cultures who come to this country. German Americans are readily accepted and treated as Americans. Irish Americans are readily accepted and treated as Americans. Italian Americans are readily accepted and treated as Americans ...

And each of those groups get to keep their heritage, without discrimination and genocide.

If you wish to go there...where, "How African Americans, Blacks, Negroes, or Colored People should be properly addressed?," then you must do it from a specific podium. Are you speaking as a White man who doesn't understand all of the subtleties? Are you speaking as a white man who doesn't understand, may understand, but really don't care? Are you speaking as a Black man who doesn't understand the sacrifices of his predecessors?

Or, are you simply speaking as someone who doesn't understand that what Black people like to be called is dependent on the era, the individual, and the battle being fought.

"Black" isn't acceptable, because it carries a negative connotation for some "Blacks" because of many reasons owed to the White race. It also inherently discriminates against all Black people who are brown, white, and all shades in-between.

Yet, why did Black people all over America sing it loudly along with James Brown "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud."

It is because that was the particular rock that Plymouth landed on "them" AT THE TIME. And... you've got to crawl before you can walk. One march at a time. One cause at a time. The cause then was to unify Black people everywhere and get them to proudly embrace their heritage to prepare for a long, uphill battle.

Why do some Colored people resent being called Colored? Even though it is incorporated and accepted by Colored people who founded the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)?

It is because THAT was the rock that Plymouth landed on their heads at the time, and they had to work with the hand they were dealt... at the time.

"COLORED RESTROOMS."

"COLORED WATER FOUNTAINS."

"COLORED SCHOOLS."

"COLORED SECTIONS."

"COLORED BUSSES."

"COLORED NEIGHBORHOODS."

"COLORED JUSTICE."

African American is gaining ground because the blood is traced back to Africa. The term incorporates and encompasses all of black history and Black ancestry. And, it, prevents the plight from being buried in the noise, until the noise becomes music.

Zvar, respectfully, from which podium do you speak?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ZVar   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

cthia wrote:You do not demand the same of other cultures who come to this country. German Americans are readily accepted and treated as Americans. Irish Americans are readily accepted and treated as Americans. Italian Americans are readily accepted and treated as Americans ...

And each of those groups get to keep their heritage, without discrimination and genocide.

And all those groups, as a group, identifies as American. With some very small, usually neighborhood specific prejudice there have been very little tensions with said examples.
The two groups that have the most issues in America are coincidentally the two groups that refuse to be called American.
Latino and Africian-American.

And no, it's not putting the cart before the horse. If they, as a group, want to be treated the same as every other American they, as a group, need to be an American. Sorry, there is nothing special about you.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

ZVar wrote:And all those groups, as a group, identifies as American. With some very small, usually neighborhood specific prejudice there have been very little tensions with said examples.
The two groups that have the most issues in America are coincidentally the two groups that refuse to be called American.
Latino and African-American.

^^^^^
There, I bolded the word for you this time since you seem to have missed it even while you were typing it.

Tell us some more about how African-AMERICANS refuse to identify as American. :roll:
Post by ZVar   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:04 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

gcomeau wrote:Tell us some more about how African-Americans refuse to identify as American.

There, I also bolded the part that every one that uses the phrase emphases.

I'm sorry all these people are racist, but I prefer to treat all Americans as Americans, and everyone else with as much dignity as they show me. I.E. I don't care what one labels one's self, what one looks like, or any other identifier than actions. If they want to be separate, they will always be treated separate. And since they want to be treated separate they are the ones promoting racism in that case.

And let's not kid ourselves. Everyone that says African-American based on their race is being, by definition, racist.
Post by The E   » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:13 am

The E
Admiral

ZVar wrote:I'm sorry all these people are racist, but I prefer to treat all Americans as Americans, and everyone else with as much dignity as they show me. I.E. I don't care what one labels one's self, what one looks like, or any other identifier than actions. If they want to be separate, they will always be treated separate. And since they want to be treated separate they are the ones promoting racism in that case.

I see the "I don't see race" guy has logged on. It takes a special kind of ignorance, especially in these days, to blame the victims of racism and oppression for being subject to racism in the first place.

And let's not kid ourselves. Everyone that says African-American based on their race is being, by definition, racist.

You have a large minority in your country that has a distinctly different set of life experiences based on the colour of their skin from people of a european background. They share, to one degree or another, a common origin in Africa, no matter how many generations removed or how precisely their ancestors came to be in the US. If you want to address that minority specifically, what terms do you use?

In other words, fuck right off with that whole "recognizing that race exists is racist" bullshit. You cannot discuss, much less address, issues of police brutality against people of colour without acknowledging that different races of people exist.
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:34 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

ZVar wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Tell us some more about how African-Americans refuse to identify as American.

There, I also bolded the part that every one that uses the phrase emphases.

I'm sorry all these people are racist, but I prefer to treat all Americans as Americans, and everyone else with as much dignity as they show me. I.E. I don't care what one labels one's self, what one looks like, or any other identifier than actions. If they want to be separate, they will always be treated separate. And since they want to be treated separate they are the ones promoting racism in that case.

The goal of the whole exercise is to arrive at a society where all people are treated equally, both under the law and in terms of education and opportunity. Unfortunately you can't do that without being able to identify where things are screwing up. Our black brothers and sisters are hurting. We need to be able to talk about it and do something. It's like hitting your thumb with a hammer... You need to be able to say it's my thumb, before the doc treats your toe.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

In our country, a noble theoretical goal is to get to the point where - If you select individuals at random and check out their demographics (of employment, criminal history, education and health), you would be unable to determine their race.
Post by Panzer   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Panzer
Lieutenant Commander

cthia wrote:Nobody can think of any blatant crimes carried out against African Americans? There are plenty of examples daily. Perhaps the problem in this country is even worse than I thought. If you are sitting on the fence, you are part of the problem.

Or maybe it's because the only police blotter they regularly follow covers an area that only has like 10 black people.

:lol:
Post by The E   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 am

The E
Admiral

Post by Dilandu   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:35 am

Dilandu
Admiral

I'm curious; should our great poet, universally-known Alexander Pushkin be considered African-Russian? :) His ancestor (great-grandfather) was Ibrahim Hannibal, black slave send to Piotr the Great as a gift from Ottomans - who later became one of Tsar's closest friends, wealthy aristocrat and Russian Army general.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)

Return to Politics