Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Time to read THE LAST CENTURION?
Post by gcomeau   » Wed May 27, 2020 6:33 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

n7axw wrote:
Are you sure you're not insulting infantile morons?

Just 5 months to the election... Let's hope that turns out as we desire...

I hear the Republicans want to pack in shoulder to shoulder at their convention. Maybe evolution is starting to work backwards...

Don

-

Yeah, I'm tempted to say just let them do it, but then they would leave the arena and all head home and potentially spread infection nationwide...
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
It's not as if the carnage and massacres were one sided:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... osnian_War

The Islamic militants involved in the Bonian wars included the same folks who perpetrated the 9-11 attacks.

I have absolutely no doubt that if the Serbs had not been able and willing to violently resist, Serbia would have been ethnically cleansed by Muslims.

It appears that much of Europe will be ethnically cleansed in the not to distant future.

https://rmx.news/article/article/muslim ... kia-report

First, if Pamella Gellar said the stuff listed in Joat's post, she would qualify as a liar because those things are untrue...

Now on to the other business... War is an affair where nobody's hands stay clean. Think ww2... Germany and Japan topped the competition for atrocities such as murder of Jews and Slavs, rape of Nanking, Bataan death March and much more. Yet on Allied side, there was the fire bombing of Dresden, Tokyo and other cities, the use of the A-bomb on Hirshima and Nagasaki. While we weren't in the same league as the Axis, our hands were dirty. Both Germany and Japan were pretty well flattened by the time it was over with huge losses of civilian life.

Now think the Balkans with the Serbs and Bosnians. Obviously the same thing was going on. Not with numbers like ww2, obviously enough. But bad enough. Looking down the wiki chart that TFLY posted, it appears that the Serbs were more prolific than the Bosnians and Croats. But they were right there committing atrocities too. It was war...no such thing as clean hands.

TFLY, you remember Beruit as a beautiful city... I member Sarajevo with that magnificent Olympic stadium where Torville and Dean ice danced their way to gold to the music of Ballero (sp). I also remember it from the 90s after it had been shelled out

War. Everybody gets dirty hands.

Don

-

There was nothing beutiful about Beiruit back in 1984. I was being sarcastic. It was a far deadlier place than Sarejuvo during the Balkans civil war even before the bombing of the Marine barracks. Of cvourse Lebanon was rather peaceful and safe for Christians compared to almost all of the Middle East and much of Africa. Israel is about the last ME country that is safe for non muslims.

It appears that the Wet Market theory might be disproven:

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-di ... arket.html
Post by n7axw   » Fri May 29, 2020 9:54 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

There was nothing beutiful about Beiruit back in 1984. I was being sarcastic. It was a far deadlier place than Sarejuvo during the Balkans civil war even before the bombing of the Marine barracks. Of cvourse Lebanon was rather peaceful and safe for Christians compared to almost all of the Middle East and much of Africa. Israel is about the last ME country that is safe for non muslims.

I've been thinking about this... I'm wondering if what we are seeing in the Mideast is as much religious as it is a fundamentalist reaction to modern life. It has a strong religious vector, of course, because Christians have become identified as the outsider, even after living together with Muslims for hundreds of years.

But living with constant change can be hard on everybody. Eventually we all have to adjust. Eventually the Mideast will settle down, I think. Living with their current level of conflict has to be even more difficult than living with change...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat May 30, 2020 7:54 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

I've been thinking about this... I'm wondering if what we are seeing in the Mideast is as much religious as it is a fundamentalist reaction to modern life. It has a strong religious vector, of course, because Christians have become identified as the outsider, even after living together with Muslims for hundreds of years.

But living with constant change can be hard on everybody. Eventually we all have to adjust. Eventually the Mideast will settle down, I think. Living with their current level of conflict has to be even more difficult than living with change...

Don

-

You might be interested in reading HOW CIVILIZATIONS DIE by Goldberg. I agree with his theory that Islamic terrorism is driven as much by a maladaption to modernization as religion. The Arabs and Persians in particular are confronted with the reality that they have nothing of value to offer except oil. Contrary to the population bomb propaganda, birth rates in the Islamic world are imploding. Iran has experienced the most precipitous drop in fertility ever recorded.

Lebanon is a special case because Churchill carefull drew the borders to create a country with demographics that would enable Christians to survive. A religious based quota system was even incorporated in the Consitution to encourage political stability. This worked reasonaably well for half a century. Then a differential in birth rates combined with an influx of Palestinians disrupted the balance. Then Syria and Jordan expelled the PLO to Lebanon.

President Reagan was wrong to intervene in Lebanon. He should have permitted the Israelis to exterminate the PLO rather than rescue the PLO.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:22 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

gcomeau wrote:
n7axw wrote:
Are you sure you're not insulting infantile morons?

Just 5 months to the election... Let's hope that turns out as we desire...

I hear the Republicans want to pack in shoulder to shoulder at their convention. Maybe evolution is starting to work backwards...

Don

-

Yeah, I'm tempted to say just let them do it, but then they would leave the arena and all head home and potentially spread infection nationwide...

Considering what the GoP did in PA General Assembly, I think I would rather they thin the herd.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/p ... table.html

After all, if it is a hoax why not get something to change their minds

I continue to marvel at the motivation they seem to be political prostitutes to the re-election dollars the oligarchs are feeding them to turn tricks.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

I wonder what will happen to the 'pandemic' panic when all those rioters — oops, I mean protesters, of course — DON'T start dropping like flies in a couple of weeks. Packed mobs, thousands of…protesters, not a mask to be seen, surely there will be a HUGE 'peak' of critical cases overwhelming our empty hospitals?

Only it won't happen. I'd be surprised if 10 of them need hospital treatment for coronavirus. Beatings and shootings do NOT count as coronavirus cases!

Will the idiots finally wake up, or just ignore another inconvenient truth?
———————————
Some folks can be taught. Others can learn by example. The rest have to piss on the electric fence for themselves.
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:I wonder what will happen to the 'pandemic' panic when all those rioters — oops, I mean protesters, of course — DON'T start dropping like flies in a couple of weeks. Packed mobs, thousands of…protesters, not a mask to be seen, surely there will be a HUGE 'peak' of critical cases overwhelming our empty hospitals?

Only it won't happen. I'd be surprised if 10 of them need hospital treatment for coronavirus. Beatings and shootings do NOT count as coronavirus cases!

Will the idiots finally wake up, or just ignore another inconvenient truth?
———————————
Some folks can be taught. Others can learn by example. The rest have to piss on the electric fence for themselves.

Well, this post is making some specific assertions. I think It's reality denial myself. But there is no point in arguing the matter. In a few weeks or less it will become plain who is right.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:24 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Was it Churchill who drew those borders? I thought it was in the aftermath of ww1 when the allies carved up the Ottoman Empire. If it was Churchill, what position did he hold? I know he was First Lord sometime in that time frame...

As for population implosion, lots of countries are experiencing that. Both China and Japan are going through that. West Europe is going through it, I think... In fact the only way we avoid shrinking is immigration...

Don

-
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:I think It's reality denial myself.

The panic-mongers are the ones denying reality.

Somehow they are not taking notice of the fact that the homeless are not dropping like flies, either. The homeless were not confined to the houses they haven't got, they don't wear masks or do the 'social distancing' dumbshow, and yet they are not dying of coronavirus. They are not even showing up at emergency rooms in unusual numbers. The 'pandemic' doesn't seem to be affecting them at all. Other than altering the habits of the people they beg from, that is.

This whole hair-on-fire panic has been half stupid and half insane. 30 million people are unemployed, including 1.2 million health care workers, tens of thousands of small businesses have gone bankrupt, millions of people are losing everything they've worked their whole lives for, and all over the COMMON FUCKING COLD!

Heads need to roll for this shit.
———————————
People can make stupid mistakes, but only the government can force everybody to make the SAME stupid mistakes.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:13 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Lol. Of course the homeless social distance. Nobdy wants to get near them, including the homeless.

Just like how eating raw garlic protects you from it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics