Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

Status of books: House of Lies/Manticore Ascendant

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Status of books: House of Lies/Manticore Ascendant
Post by russdm   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:52 pm

russdm
Midshipman

So, I was wondering if there was any news on the following:

House of Lies (the Haven // Andermani (did I spell it right?) book like House of Steel

4th Manticore Ascendant book, or what will follow Call of Vengeance

Been wanting to know, since have been interested in acquiring either when I could as it came out.

I have, I think all of the other books in this Verse, and a real life copy of House of Steel.

If something is actually listed, could I get some pointers to it? I did a search, and I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.
Re: Status of books: House of Lies/Manticore Ascendant
Post by Erls   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

The next Manticore Ascendant book is titled A Call to Insurrection. RFC posted last fall on a schedule update, and at that time said that Tim and Tom were waiting on him to complete the tactical portions of the book before they could continue with their parts.

With that said, best guess for a release date is probably end of this year, early 2021. Unless, of course, something comes up that slows down the process. Or RFC has already completed the tactical part of the book and its in early editing (one can only hope!).
Post by russdm   » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:26 pm

russdm
Midshipman

Erls wrote:The next Manticore Ascendant book is titled A Call to Insurrection. RFC posted last fall on a schedule update, and at that time said that Tim and Tom were waiting on him to complete the tactical portions of the book before they could continue with their parts.

With that said, best guess for a release date is probably end of this year, early 2021. Unless, of course, something comes up that slows down the process. Or RFC has already completed the tactical part of the book and its in early editing (one can only hope!).

Thanks for the information
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:18 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

Erls wrote:The next Manticore Ascendant book is titled A Call to Insurrection. RFC posted last fall on a schedule update, and at that time said that Tim and Tom were waiting on him to complete the tactical portions of the book before they could continue with their parts.

I'm really hoping it's this year. That would make the four books released on a 2-year cadence from one another: 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.

russdm wrote:So, I was wondering if there was any news on the following:

House of Lies (the Haven // Andermani (did I spell it right?) book like House of Steel

Spelling is right, but the video that was linked in the quarantine thread says that the book was renamed to "House of Shadows".

In the same video, RFC says that he's also working on an anthology which will include Alfred Harrington's back story. He teases by saying that Alfred's the only person better at killing than Honor.

BTW, the "Schedule update" thread is still pinned to the top of the forum.
Post by russdm   » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:43 am

russdm
Midshipman

ThinksMarkedly wrote:BTW, the "Schedule update" thread is still pinned to the top of the forum.

I think that when I read it, that I completely went over (passed over with no attention) the part about the manticore ascendant stuff. That was definitely my error.
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

to be fair the info in that thread is somewhat dated

unfortunately no real extra info has surfaced in ANY thread, though one would hope that that would be the first place any update would go.

Return to Honorverse