Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 123 guests

Quarantine would a lot easier with some snippets.......

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Quarantine would a lot easier with some snippets.......
Post by Theemile   » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:22 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

justdave wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:or an indication that Weber and family are ok.

the MWW was on FB yesterday, said all were well physically but said something about being in quarantine w/3 teenagers, lol

Hey, we'd be happy to distract him with "adult" conversation. for some, warped value of "adult", that is.... :twisted: :twisted:
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:47 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Theemile wrote:
justdave wrote:
the MWW was on FB yesterday, said all were well physically but said something about being in quarantine w/3 teenagers, lol

Hey, we'd be happy to distract him with "adult" conversation. for some, warped value of "adult", that is.... :twisted: :twisted:

You can go hunting or shooting without violating quarantine.
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:27 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Theemile wrote:Hey, we'd be happy to distract him with "adult" conversation. for some, warped value of "adult", that is.... :twisted: :twisted:

A lot of public ranges are closed. "Not essential", they say.
Post by cthia   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

BTW, in that posted link there IS a mention of the Alignment, in conjunction with the Ghost Hunters.

"I won't tell you how it turns out. Whether they're successful at finding them."

No no no, that's what the author said. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Theemile   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:28 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

A lot of public ranges are closed. "Not essential", they say.

Locally, it is now time for the annual Walleye spawning season - anglers for around the world congregate on a handful of rivers to fish the "Walleye Run". Despite the statewide school closings, Restaurant/Bar closings, and work from home orders, the State has done nothing to dissuade the Walleye Tourists from arriving. (Some were advocating not selling "out of state" fishing licenses, but still selling local ones). Due to the inaction, yesterday and today, a bunch of local municipalities closed their river boat landings and river metroparks, and more will probably due so in the next day or so.

So No Fishing...
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Relax   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:31 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Theemile wrote:
Fox2! wrote:A lot of public ranges are closed. "Not essential", they say.

Locally, it is now time for the annual Walleye spawning season - anglers for around the world congregate on a handful of rivers to fish the "Walleye Run". Despite the statewide school closings, Restaurant/Bar closings, and work from home orders, the State has done nothing to dissuade the Walleye Tourists from arriving. (Some were advocating not selling "out of state" fishing licenses, but still selling local ones). Due to the inaction, yesterday and today, a bunch of local municipalities closed their river boat landings and river metroparks, and more will probably due so in the next day or so.

So No Fishing...

Power hungry bureaucratic assholes know no bounds to their avarice. The only assholes who could spread the virus at parks etc, are the assholes enforcing the arrest of people from walking, running, fishing.

Ah the lovely Power hungry bureaucratic assholes without brains. Everywhere in the world the same.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Theemile   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:46 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Relax wrote:
Theemile wrote:Locally, it is now time for the annual Walleye spawning season - anglers for around the world congregate on a handful of rivers to fish the "Walleye Run". Despite the statewide school closings, Restaurant/Bar closings, and work from home orders, the State has done nothing to dissuade the Walleye Tourists from arriving. (Some were advocating not selling "out of state" fishing licenses, but still selling local ones). Due to the inaction, yesterday and today, a bunch of local municipalities closed their river boat landings and river metroparks, and more will probably due so in the next day or so.

So No Fishing...

Power hungry bureaucratic assholes know no bounds to their avarice. The only assholes who could spread the virus at parks etc, are the assholes enforcing the arrest of people from walking, running, fishing.

Ah the lovely Power hungry bureaucratic assholes without brains. Everywhere in the world the same.

The problem is more the travelers driving interstate to come to the event- interacting with people at gas stations, drive throughs, and hotels, and the random casual contact with other anglers. Anyone who has ever been fishing knows that fishermen already stand more than 6 feet from each other - even in the most crowded environments. If the State would have just suspended out of state licenses, the locals would have let everything alone. Stupid Knee jerk reactions to un-thought out situations.
Post by cthia   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:30 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You don't want to allow an event which beckons people into your city during a pandemic. The concept of social distancing also goes for cities as well.

Besides, we don't want our fish to become infected too, or someone is going to die. Because I might kill them myself. LOL I love fish. It's a huuuge part of my diet. I just finished off a stuffed pink snapper yesterday.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:51 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

One thing that will come out of this pandemic is many people will be introduced to themselves for the first time. I mentioned a few times that if I was stranded on a deserted island alone, I'd be good company to myself. If you're already pulling your hair out over the isolation this pandemic has caused, you will never survive being stranded alone on an island. Compared to that, as far as isolation goes, this is a piece of cake. You're probably eating cake right now, aren't you? Well, you won't be getting any cake on a deserted island.

This is an opportunity to stay at home and start or complete all of those procrastinations in your life. And without feeling guilty about it. I've started writing a book.

Post by Theemile   » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:You don't want to allow an event which beckons people into your city during a pandemic. The concept of social distancing also goes for cities as well.

Besides, we don't want our fish to become infected too, or someone is going to die. Because I might kill them myself. LOL I love fish. It's a huuuge part of my diet. I just finished off a stuffed pink snapper yesterday.

That is the problem - it's not a festival... it's just fish swimming. At best a bait or food truck sets up to service a region of a river front. Sign up is getting the general yearly fishing license and buying the correct lure. Like a bird migration or Washington's Cherry blossoms, people just come.

Unfortunately, dumb people.

Return to Honorverse