Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

1000 Worst Ways to Die in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: 1000 Worst Ways to Die in the Honorverse
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:49 pm

TFLYTSNBN

flogging with as wet noodle.
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

If slow, excruciating deaths is your thing, then try being the most hated person on Manticore by both Beth and Queen Elizabeth III.

And the most hated person in the galaxy by Victor Cachat, The Ballroom, and Jeremy X.

Being reduced to always looking over your shoulder for one of the above has to be a slooow, excruciating, screw-turning, Georgia Sakristos-like death.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Theemile   » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Is there anywhere on the stupendously huge hull of a ship where someone could be tied down in full gear awaiting for the "engine" to come on? Is there anywhere on the outside hull that is the wrong place to be at the right time? Or is that the right place to be at the wrong time?

For instance, wouldn't want to be in the way when reactors are jettisoned.

Theemile wrote:You mean fried by active radar arrays, electrocuted by charged grav arrays, ripped apart by the grav shere coming off the drive nodes, boiled by the plasma from a rcs thruster, or crushed by a weapons emplacement cover? ( Just to name a few ).

cthia wrote:::Kaleid :o sc :o pe:: eyes.

So it is the target rich environment for committing the perfect murder. Steilman just got sloppy and chose the wrong weapons.

Pretty much the entire exterior of a warship is a study in the lock-out/tag-out procedures.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by gclarkii   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 pm

gclarkii
Midshipman

At one time when I was younger, I made pocket money harvesting, drying and shipping pounds of pokeweed to a couple of companies( I got a list from Mother Earth News back about 1980) when we lived in Missouri.

From the same area(draw a line between Cape Girardeau and KC, and then right about dead center was a little town, Koshkonog(sp), we lived about 5 miles out) I was introduced to and warned about, Jimson Weed. In small doses you can get high, but if you go over, it's painful from what I hear. The biggest problem is that the "over" level is highly variable. If your feeling mean, mix it 50/50 with some killer hash and give it to someone that deserves it.
Post by Fox2!   » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:46 am

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:If slow, excruciating deaths is your thing, then try being the most hated person on Manticore by both Beth and Queen Elizabeth III.

Are you saying Elizabeth Winton in her personal capacity (Beth), and as Her Imperial Majesty Elizabeth the Third and First, by the Grace of God and the Consent of the House of Lords, Queen of Manticore and Empress of Manticore, Silesia and Talbott ?

A woman notorious for her ability to sustain a grudge until it self-mummifies, backed by one of the most powerful economies and militaries in human space? Breathing vacuum would be a quicker and more merciful end.
Post by Atlantean   » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:19 pm

Atlantean
Midshipman

Caught in the throes of passion atop a "drugged" Thandi Palane by Victor Cachat.

Talk about coming... and going.
The artist formerly known as... cthia.

Return to Honorverse