Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Back door around two-term limit?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Back door around two-term limit?
Post by cthia   » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:Sigh. You, Americans, are too narrow-minded.

Learn how it's done in Russia:

* Make some new amendments into Constitution
* Argue that with those mew amendments, the Constitution is essentially new, and thus President technically never sworn to service on that Constitution
* And - viola! - you could put him into play two more times!

:D

Is this a slip of the tongue that would have gotten you body slammed in the day by the Russian Sickle?

It's the smoking gun that the Kremlin is pulling Trump's strings. It details, exactly the schematic Trump has been following.

The KGB got to him, didn't they? When you backed him into a corner while he was alone, and behind the iron curtain.

But, please, don't so much as whisper the truth here in the forum. We all could meet the KGB.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:28 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Now that I think about it, I feel sad for my Democratic Party. Perhaps we missed a real opportunity.

If Michelle Obama runs for President and Barack Obama runs for VP, it would create a strong Democratic ticket. Perhaps never again to be equaled. This would be the first time in history the President would have benefit of that type of previous experience coming from the spouse. The thought of Barack there by Michelle's side at every single turn, like Ivanka was there by Trump's side, throws me into a rabid frenzy.

And just why can't a man stand behind his lovely wife for a change, telling her "You got this honey." It can also be billed as the country going green. Recycling greatness. :mrgreen:

Regardless of whether Michelle is actually President, that dynamic also hands us back Barack as President, by proxy, for one more full term. And you can believe the Russians won't get to talk to Michelle alone. Would ever again the VP play such a "hands on ::pun ;) intended:: role."

As Gcomeau stated, "Barack is no power mad jackass."

But if we can get to him like Wesley got to Honor, we could tell him that we need him. That it is his duty.

The American people would eat it up. It would provide Michelle a chance to right the ship her husband built and throw mud in Trump's face.

Michelle's resume is nothing short of stellar . . .
Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Michelle is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School. In her early legal career, she worked at the law firm Sidley Austin where she met Barack Obama. She subsequently worked in non-profits and as the associate dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago as well as the vice president for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center. Michelle married Barack in 1992, and they have two daughters.

And, not that she needs to drop names, but her husband was recently President. A damn good one!

cthia wrote:Someone in my social circle suggested that since Trump lowered the bar for the presidency, Michelle Obama should run. She's certainly more qualified than Trump.

Barack could run as VP.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:40 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Now that I think about it, I feel sad for my Democratic Party. Perhaps we missed a real opportunity.

If Michelle Obama runs for President and Barack Obama runs for VP, it would create a strong Democratic ticket. Perhaps never again to be equaled. This would be the first time in history the President would have benefit of that type of previous experience coming from the spouse. The thought of Barack there by Michelle's side at every single turn, like Ivanka was there by Trump's side, throws me into a rabid frenzy.

And just why can't a man stand behind his lovely wife for a change, telling her "You got this honey." It can also be billed as the country going green. Recycling greatness. :mrgreen:

Regardless of whether Michelle is actually President, that dynamic also hands us back Barack as President, by proxy, for one more full term. And you can believe the Russians won't get to talk to Michelle alone. Would ever again the VP play such a "hands on ::pun ;) intended:: role."

As Gcomeau stated, "Barack is no power mad jackass."

But if we can get to him like Wesley got to Honor, we could tell him that we need him. That it is his duty.

The American people would eat it up. It would provide Michelle a chance to right the ship her husband built and throw mud in Trump's face.

Michelle's resume is nothing short of stellar . . .
Raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois, Michelle is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School. In her early legal career, she worked at the law firm Sidley Austin where she met Barack Obama. She subsequently worked in non-profits and as the associate dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago as well as the vice president for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center. Michelle married Barack in 1992, and they have two daughters.

And, not that she needs to drop names, but her husband was recently President. A damn good one!

cthia wrote:Someone in my social circle suggested that since Trump lowered the bar for the presidency, Michelle Obama should run. She's certainly more qualified than Trump.

Barack could run as VP.

Well, Cthia, I will say that you are nothing if not consistent. Enjoy your fantasy... :D

In the meantime back in the real world, who should be Joe's running mate? Elizabeth Warren, maybe...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:Well, Cthia, I will say that you are nothing if not consistent. Enjoy your fantasy... :D

In the meantime back in the real world, who should be Joe's running mate? Elizabeth Warren, maybe...

Don

-

Thanks for the vote of confidence about my consistency. :lol:

But W :o E! Your suggestion to use Warren to back Joe is strategic brilliance.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

It's just Warren. She probably found out about the backdoor, and she's counting on Geriatric Joe to fall a half-term shy of the endzone.

Result:
A woman bringing reign for a whole decade.

::rubbing chin::

Post by Annachie   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

ConsideringvTrump's age, that he seems to be in Pence's company a lot considering, and their general bad attitude to the virus, Nancy Pelosi is likely to be the first female President before the end of the year. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:ConsideringvTrump's age, that he seems to be in Pence's company a lot considering, and their general bad attitude to the virus, Nancy Pelosi is likely to be the first female President before the end of the year. ;)

This is just way too SNL f u :lol: :lol: y.

Post by n7axw   » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:54 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Annachie wrote:ConsideringvTrump's age, that he seems to be in Pence's company a lot considering, and their general bad attitude to the virus, Nancy Pelosi is likely to be the first female President before the end of the year. ;)

This is just way too SNL f u :lol: :lol: y.

Agreed... :lol:

But wait...How old is Nancy? :mrgreen:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:27 am

TFLYTSNBN

Judge by the elevation of her breasts relative to her elbows, Nutty Nancy is getting so old that she will die long before Trump will.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:44 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Judge by the elevation of her breasts relative to her elbows, Nutty Nancy is getting so old that she will die long before Trump will.

Snarky remarks about breasts and elbows, Nancy is 79.

Don

-
Post by Annachie   » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

And now it really begins.

https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/statu ... 64933?s=20

Right wing Trump supporter saying, half jokingly I hope, that the election should be cancelled and the status quo remains until the 2024 election.

Of course no election means that the term limit amendment wouldn't aply to Trump running in 2024 for a third term.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics