Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Super Tuesday

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Super Tuesday
Post by n7axw   » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I'd never claim that my country (Australia) is perfect, but our system does seem to be better in this. Firstly it is compulsory to both register after age 18, and to vote.
The registration process does require ID, but after your name is put on the rolls, it is no longer required. On the day to vote you go to your preferred polling station, where your name is crossed off that paper copy, you are given a ballot form, you vote, and then often buy a snack (cooked sausage in bread) from a charity stall on the way out.
There is potential for minor fraud by going from polling station to station and voting multiple times, however across decades and the country it is passing rare.

A funny example of bureaucracy happened many years ago to us. Our voting had changed from over 21 to over 18, yet when my wife moved in with me, and changed her address on the roll, she used an old form stating that she was over 21. It was rejected, as she had to use the new form stating she was over 18.

Part of the problem here is that we have a political party who over time seems to be running out of steam and voter suppression is their way of patching the boiler. Their core constituency right now is reacting to demographic change which has made for tense times.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:10 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My choice would have been Elizabeth Warren. But nooooo. Good thing she's out, because she wouldn't have won and would have watered down the Democratic vote too much.

Between the warhorses left, their combined age is almost older than the country itself.

Is the White House wheelchair accessible?

LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:18 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:My choice would have been Elizabeth Warren. But nooooo. Good thing she's out, because she wouldn't have won and would have watered down the Democratic vote too much.

Between the warhorses left, their combined age is almost older than the country itself.

Is the White House wheelchair accessible?

LOL

Yeah. I agree with you. But.... I am crawling out on the limb and could have it sawed off behind me. The nominee will be Joe Biden. My favorite? No. I would have preferred Warren. But now the priority is defeating Trump. I believe that I speak for the vast majority of Democrats in saying that.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

n7axw wrote:But now the priority is defeating Trump.

Given how much mud-slinging there has been, I would disagree.
The current Democrat Nominee priority is to prove themselves to be correct.
Defeating Trump is a distant third to stabbing the others in the back as much as possible.

"Over three thousand stab-wounds in the back delivered via media and directed leaks. Worst case of Political Suicide I ever saw..."
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by n7axw   » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:56 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
n7axw wrote:But now the priority is defeating Trump.

Given how much mud-slinging there has been, I would disagree.
The current Democrat Nominee priority is to prove themselves to be correct.
Defeating Trump is a distant third to stabbing the others in the back as much as possible.

"Over three thousand stab-wounds in the back delivered via media and directed leaks. Worst case of Political Suicide I ever saw..."

Oh, I don't know about that. As for backstabbing and mudslinging, nobody ever said this was going to be polite or well scrubbed. What you may not be picking up on over there is how hungry Democrats are to beat Trump. My comments reflected the Democratic primary voters, not the candidates, although it is interesting that Warren has remained neutral rather endorsing Bernie. The others have, for the most part endorsed Biden. Both Sanders and Biden have promised to support the party's nominee.

As for the media, well they are the media. We will just have to see what they do now. Pundit land is great at predicting already existing trends.

Am I happy? No, but I am as hungry to beat Trump as any other Democrat. As long as that happens, I am willing to live with messy. :?

Don

-

Return to Politics