Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Gross corruption of the DOJ

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Gross corruption of the DOJ
Post by n7axw   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
n7axw wrote:What the judge actually did probably wasn't excessive. But the current DOJ guidelines probably were.

Another thought: how would an ordinary person have fared given what Stone was convicted of? Often, white collar crime seems to be treated pretty lightly.

Don

-

Here are some examples.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... em-n941936

The sentence is excessive.

Those examples seem rather wildly inconsistent, don't they? What was Stone's sentence? Three years? TFLY, I know people who have gotten 3 years for smoking a joint of grass... THAT sort of thing is what I object to... You get treated differently if you are wealthy or have connections. Lying to Congress is a bit more serious than smoking a joint. Looking at your examples I would say that Stone's sentence seems about midrange of inconsistent.

Don

-

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:53 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Here are some examples.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... em-n941936

The sentence is excessive.

Those examples seem rather wildly inconsistent, don't they? What was Stone's sentence? Three years? TFLY, I know people who have gotten 3 years for smoking a joint of grass... THAT sort of thing is what I object to... You get treated differently if you are wealthy or have connections. Lying to Congress is a bit more serious than smoking a joint. Looking at your examples I would say that Stone's sentence seems about midrange of inconsistent.

Don

-

-

A lot of the wide range of sentences there has something to do with who was cooperating with investigators at the end and who wasn't...
Post by smr   » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:39 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Amen! That is all I want too and demand that from all our Political Leaders!

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:I know to much about US Attorneys who were holdover from the Obama administration to believe that these prosecutors were not resigning because they were corrupt. A prime example is former US Attorney for the State of Oregon Amanda Marshall. She invoked the Clintonion defense that her relationship with Assistant US Attorney for the State of Oregon Scott Kerin wasn't adultery because she was just performing oral sex on him.

Bill didn't inhale.
Amanda like Monica didn't swallow.

Ms Marshall's cuckolded husband, Judge Ladd Wiles, was prejudiced against me at the eviction hearing because he thought that I resemble the evil bastard who impregnated his wife.

It wasn't me. Honest. I didn't even inseminate her.

As long as you are willing to apply those standards across the political spectrum, I have no quarrel with what you are saying. I have no desire to defend wrong doing done by anyone.

Don

-
Post by smr   » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:23 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Hey Gcomeau...remember when you said Trump Jr. should be put in jail for the Trump Tower meeting. The 502 was released and the interpreter said he did not like Trump Jr. but nothing political was discussed. Manafort and Trump Jr were texting each other and his business partner to get them out of the meeting. Trump Jr. had his business partner call him to get out of the meeting. The meeting was the trap. Look how people like you believe he should be put in jail for no good reason. You accept media articles as facts even though they cite unnamed sources. Please start using Logic side over your emotional side of the brain.
Post by n7axw   » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:Hey Gcomeau...remember when you said Trump Jr. should be put in jail for the Trump Tower meeting. The 502 was released and the interpreter said he did not like Trump Jr. but nothing political was discussed. Manafort and Trump Jr were texting each other and his business partner to get them out of the meeting. Trump Jr. had his business partner call him to get out of the meeting. The meeting was the trap. Look how people like you believe he should be put in jail for no good reason. You accept media articles as facts even though they cite unnamed sources. Please start using Logic side over your emotional side of the brain.

Everybody normally starts off with emotional side of the brain. Logic is merely a tool for justifying what we want.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:08 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:Hey Gcomeau...remember when you said Trump Jr. should be put in jail for the Trump Tower meeting. The 502 was released and the interpreter said he did not like Trump Jr. but nothing political was discussed. Manafort and Trump Jr were texting each other and his business partner to get them out of the meeting. Trump Jr. had his business partner call him to get out of the meeting. The meeting was the trap. Look how people like you believe he should be put in jail for no good reason. You accept media articles as facts even though they cite unnamed sources. Please start using Logic side over your emotional side of the brain.

Strangely that directly contradicts Don jnr's own description of the meeting.

By the way. What is a 502?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:56 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Annachie, can you please direct me to the relevant testimony that confirms your opinion. Their is over 30 hours of Congressional testimony. I have been following this for a very long time and I do not find that your opinion matches up to the Congressional testimony. Please note all informational was taken under Oath. Which means the Demoncrats would have prosecuted Trump Jr. if he had lied!

Annachie wrote:

Strangely that directly contradicts Don jnr's own description of the meeting.

By the way. What is a 502?

Thank you for correcting my mistake. A 302 is the summary of notes on a meeting between the FBI agent and a witness and/or suspect. I do apologize for the mistake I am half-blind.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:25 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Snr, I haven't followed this quite as closely as you describe yourself, but did not Trump Jr. say "I love it" when confronting the possibility of dirt on Clinton from the Russians? Was that not his motivation for attending the meeting in the first place?

Don

-
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:22 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

That's a nice turn of a weasel phrase there.

"Relevent Testimony"

It means you know exaxtly what I am talking about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:54 am

smr
Vice Admiral

First, I meant 302 not 502!
Second, Paul Manafort and Trump Jr did take a meeting to get dirt on HRC and that is legal. The whole problem was the meeting was the trap! The meeting was designed to start the Russian collusion hoax to prevent Trump from winning the White House.
Second, the Interpreter said nothing political was discussed. The meeting lasted less than 10 minutes. Trump Jr. texted his business partner who called him on his phone as an excuse to leave the meeting. Paul left shortly afterwards.
Third, Loretta Lynch personally approved the waiver to have the female Russian Lawyer granted a temporary emergency Visa. The lawyer was barred from entering the US before this meeting.

This is one of many dirty tricks played by HRC, the DNC, and their cohorts within the Obama Administration.

Return to Politics