Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Dogs, Dogs, Dogs
Post by n7axw   » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I finally got to watch the Westminster Kennel Club dog show. Daniel the Golden Retriever won best in group but not best in show. My Labrador Retriever who is a seeing eye dog reject slept through it. The wife's puny Pomeranian is far to small and inconsequential to be taken seriously as a dog.

Sometimes It's wee but mighty. We had a 3.5 lb long haired chiwawa once who provided us with no end of entertainment. Also a miniature dauchund (sp) who didn't back down to anybody :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN

n7axw wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:I finally got to watch the Westminster Kennel Club dog show. Daniel the Golden Retriever won best in group but not best in show. My Labrador Retriever who is a seeing eye dog reject slept through it. The wife's puny Pomeranian is far to small and inconsequential to be taken seriously as a dog.

Sometimes It's wee but mighty. We had a 3.5 lb long haired chiwawa once who provided us with no end of entertainment. Also a miniature dauchund (sp) who didn't back down to anybody :lol:

Don

-

I didn't mean to suggest that the Pomeranian isn't entertaining. She is just to small and inconsequential to be taken seriously as a dog. My wife hates that.

Governor Palin has a Pomeranian. This no doubt be plains why she remodeled their house to get rid of the carpets in favor of the with hydronic heating.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:16 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

https://youtu.be/Ui0ZP21RrOc

On the subject of little dogs. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:https://youtu.be/Ui0ZP21RrOc

Hilarious!

On the subject of small dogs and bans, Chihuahuas should be at the top of the list, if "mean" is the criteria. Perhaps I should be ashamed for admitting it, but I hate that breed of dog. Chihuahuas are one of the meanest, ornoriest critters on the planet. They wake up on the wrong side of the bed, every single day. It's as if someone took a rat and injected it with the personality traits of a hyena. I'm not certain they like their own shadow, the fucking ankle biters! They're even aggressive towards small children because they feel threatened.

It is the most annoying dog on the planet. The meaning of Chihuahua in Mexican is shock, dismay, "annoyance."

But the Aztec are more correct, there it means "land piranha." Nuff said. If they were a bigger dog the size of a pit, they'd have to be shipped to Australia where everything's deadly. Although some breeds are actually banned in Australia. I presume, that simply because everything in Aussie is dangerous, doesn't mean you want it in your home.

Good thing their bark is much worse than their bite. Although if you give em a go at your ankles, you might change your mind on that.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:18 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

Hilarious!

On the subject of small dogs and bans, Chihuahuas should be at the top of the list, if "mean" is the criteria. Perhaps I should be ashamed for admitting it, but I hate that breed of dog. Chihuahuas are one of the meanest, ornoriest critters on the planet. They wake up on the wrong side of the bed, every single day. It's as if someone took a rat and injected it with the personality traits of a hyena. I'm not certain they like their own shadow, the fucking ankle biters! They're even aggressive towards small children because they feel threatened.

It is the most annoying dog on the planet. The meaning of Chihuahua in Mexican is shock, dismay, "annoyance."

But the Aztec are more correct, there it means "land piranha." Nuff said. If they were a bigger dog the size of a pit, they'd have to be shipped to Australia where everything's deadly. Although some breeds are actually banned in Australia. I presume, that simply because everything in Aussie is dangerous, doesn't mean you want it in your home.

Good thing their bark is much worse than their bite. Although if you give em a go at your ankles, you might change your mind on that.

We didn't have any trouble with ours. At the first hint of a confrontation, she head for under the bed. As long as she didn't feel threatened, she was Ms Socialbility...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:21 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

Hilarious!

We didn't have any trouble with ours. At the first hint of a confrontation, she head for under the bed. As long as she didn't feel threatened, she was Ms Socialbility...

Don

-
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:25 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

@Don,

But they always feel threatened. You have a social Chihuahua? How do you manage that? Do you drug it? Although drugging it would be understandable, I think it would be considered inhumane.

Anywho, what makes someone want to buy one of those things? Nobody walks into a pet shop and go "Awww, isn't he cute?" Nope.

"Aww, isn't he cuddly?" Nope.

"Aww, isn't he friendly?" Nope.

"Aww, wouldn't the kids love him." Nope.

You never see a bunch of kids playing with a Chihuahua. You never see a kid playing with a Chihuahua. You never see anyone actually playing with a Chihuahua. So what makes someone want to buy one? Other than the fact that they'll certainly let you know when someone is at the door.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:09 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:@Don,

But they always feel threatened. You have a social Chihuahua? How do you manage that? Do you drug it? Although drugging it would be understandable, I think it would be considered inhumane.

Anywho, what makes someone want to buy one of those things? Nobody walks into a pet shop and go "Awww, isn't he cute?" Nope.

"Aww, isn't he cuddly?" Nope.

"Aww, isn't he friendly?" Nope.

"Aww, wouldn't the kids love him." Nope.

You never see a bunch of kids playing with a Chihuahua. You never see a kid playing with a Chihuahua. You never see anyone actually playing with a Chihuahua. So what makes someone want to buy one? Other than the fact that they'll certainly let you know when someone is at the door.

Ours played with the grandkids. We kept an eye on things to give Shushu her time out when she had enough. Mostly though, she just head for under the bed when things got overwhelming.

Don

-
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:29 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Daryl wrote:I love dogs, and agree with much of what has been said. The main problem with pit bulls is that if you do get a mean one, it is a much bigger challenge than a mean toy dog. A secondary problem is that far too many inadequate men buy pit bulls and miss train them to appear tough.

IMHO, anyone buying a dog as a status-symbol have automatically disqualified themselves from owning a dog.

I don't have a problem with someone who buys a dog as a status symbol, too, as long as they're responsible. Same as someone who buys a high powered vehicle as a status symbol, as long as they are responsible. The problem is when they are not responsible.

Many people who own dogs are not responsible. Allowing your dog to be eaten alive with fleas, and your guests as well, is not being responsible. Not trimming the hair of certain breeds in the summer should be a case of abuse. Leaving a dog at home all day without a reliable source of water, especially in the scorching heat of summer, should get you jailed. I hate people who leave their dog panting in a hot car, windows up. But then, they're surpassed by the idiots who leave helpless children in hot cars.

What about the idiots who buy large dogs with large appetites, but they can't even afford to feed themselves. People who buy large dogs, like Great Danes, who live in a small apartment and won't at least WALK THE DOG, you lazy bastard. And when you do walk your dog, PLEASE PICK UP THE POOP, you poop!

Feeding your dog chicken bones??? Which lots of people do. Dogs should not be fed cooked bones, which includes that tantalizing rib bone too. They become brittle and crack into splinters when chewed. Raw, uncooked bones, are fine.

Many dog owners should be on a leash.

Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:20 am

TFLYTSNBN

While every breed has its own tendancies, the determining factor is how it is raised.

Show me a vicious dog and I will show you an owner who is an asshole.

Return to Politics