Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

1000 Worst Ways to Die in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: 1000 Worst Ways to Die in the Honorverse
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

locarno24 wrote:Kilkenny Cat Rationing on Hell has to come pretty close.

This is certainly a scary proposition. But compared to a revved up metabolism like Honor's, ours is a piece of cake. So we can just eat cake. LOL

Projected time of death by total starvation is listed at 8 - 12 weeks for us. I wonder what it is for Honor. Especially since Honor has no body fat to sustain her for a few days. Her stomach would be touching her back.

But then, it'd be hell to watch Honor slowly wither away. Imagine how many peoples' rationing it would take to barely sustain Honor. Surely her crew would elect to starve themselves to death to save her.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:34 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

locarno24 wrote:Kilkenny Cat Rationing on Hell has to come pretty close.

cthia wrote:This is certainly a scary proposition. But compared to a revved up metabolism like Honor's, ours is a piece of cake. So we can just eat cake. LOL

Projected time of death by total starvation is listed at 8 - 12 weeks for us. I wonder what it is for Honor. Especially since Honor has no body fat to sustain her for a few days. Her stomach would be touching her back.

But then, it'd be hell to watch Honor slowly wither away. Imagine how many peoples' rationing it would take to barely sustain Honor. Surely her crew would elect to starve themselves to death to save her.

However bad it would be for Honor, it would be worse for Thandi Palane; Honor can swim, but Thandi's muscles are so dense that she cannot.

However I doubt that either would allow what you suggest; but that is moot, since the scheme involves no rations at all. One advantage mentioned of feeding the prisoners fresh foods, is that it is not possible to stockpile excess amounts.
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Maldorian wrote:Put a spacesuit on, Glue yourself on a big missle and start the missle.

Yeah, Rocket man!

Maybe fun, till the missle went out of fuel or you hit somesthing.

Essentially, wouldn't that death mimic the same fate as compensator failure at the beginning of acceleration?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:03 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

You're an SLN commander in Hypatia who got thwacked in the battle but launched on Phantom after it was mission killed in violation of the Deneb Accords...

The Hypatians find your life pod... and disable the homing beacon, then face you the right way, and give a gentle boost directly towards their star you know, the fusion furnace at the heart of the system. Naturally, just fast enough that all you can do is anticipate your impending doom...for days. Plus it saves the cost of a trial or a rope.

And no-one is the wiser. They never found you, right?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:49 pm

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

My favourite worst way to die would be to fall into a tub full of flechettes. Unable to move without cutting myself to pieces.
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:58 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The neurotoxin, or whatever the concoction used in the attempt to assassinate Queen Berry, seems to be a nasty, painful proposition.

Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:04 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Julia Minor wrote:Seriously tick off the Audubon Ballroom.

Circling back around to this one, because of my memory. Does the AB have a preferred method of killing, sort of a calling card? Or do they just leave a calling card? How is it known that their assassinations are actually theirs?

Post by saber964   » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:02 pm

saber964
Admiral

Getting Alfred Karl Harrington mad at you.
Post by SharkHunter   » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

saber964 wrote:Getting Alfred Karl Harrington mad at you.
Yes and no. That would probably be one of the quickest ways to die though. Threaten Allison or Honor, etc.? Slashboombangburn... Followed by treecats insuring that the carcass is dead.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:29 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Pokeweed has long been a delicacy of the American Indian. My people discovered it's natural health and healing benefits many moons ago. It was recently found to have benefits against herpes and HIV! But it is a very toxic and poisonous source of densely packed nutrition, that can and has killed if not prepared correctly.

Many of us probably have had at least one nightmare case of food poisoning where we thought we were close to death. I wonder just how much more toxic Grayson's plant foods are compared to pokeweed - whose symptoms are very painful if not fatal.

Or, how painful would it be to ingest Grayson's animals which ingest the toxic food sources. I imagine the poisonous creatures on Grayson make the poisonous creatures of Australia seem tame by comparison.

At any rate, the food poisoning experienced by the early settlers had to be a copper-plated beeotch. At the very least.

Return to Honorverse