Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Book five? Anyone? Anything?

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
Book five? Anyone? Anything?
Post by Mycall4me   » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Well, I confess, I keep on hoping that someone (anyone) knows ANYTHING about book five. I already know about the mis communication problem, and that it had been resolved. I've also seen the first chapter at Driblets of baen, but that's from 2013. I've also heard various bits of news, about little details of the collaboration efforts and I don't remember any details, but IIRC there HAD been a LITTLE forward progress. But all of that was a LONG time ago.
What I'm asking in this post is pretty similar to another post I made (see "What's up with Ringo?") But I wanted this to be a little more of a specific question about book five.
The thing is, is that I know how quickly John can get a book done, especially when he's got the bit in his teeth, and I also know that MWW needs time to do his part, but even the latest update RFC made had no mention of working with John at all, just that he's committed himself to even more new work. At this point I pretty much know that there's no possibility of squeezing in an additional project in RFC's schedule, but still...
Are there ANY little tidbits that RFC might have dropped? At a convention, or on any social media? (I don't do social media) or anywhere else?
So, book five? Anyone? ANYTHING?
Re: Book five? Anyone? Anything?
Post by Rod   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

I saw a post about upcoming books, it wasn't there. :cry:
Post by bert953   » Sat May 09, 2020 1:29 am

bert953
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Rod wrote:I saw a post about upcoming books, it wasn't there. :cry:

Feels like its dead in the water. Really sorry cause its one of my favorite series. Excellent blend of hi-tech and low-tech tactics and strategy.

Bad news: we're all getting older (especially runsforcelery). Potential silver lining: Covid-19 has us all on lockdown so theres more time to read (and hopefully write {hint, hint}). Sadly theres nothing new to read, yet. Time to troll Amazon's kindle library in the hopes that l'll find sone good reads. Any author or title recomendations would be appreciated.

This too shall pass. Keep the faith!
Post by buffalo24a   » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 am

buffalo24a
Midshipman

A Few authors I enjoy are Christopher G. Nuttall (Empire Corps series/ArK Royal series); Ryk Brown(Frontiers Saga); and Edward W. Robertson (Breaker Series, Cycle of Arawn, Cycle of Garland) just as suggestions.

Return to Empire of Man