Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

It kind of feels bizarre...

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
It kind of feels bizarre...
Post by Henry Brown   » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

...that this forum has become one of the first I check lately. For years I have gone straight to either Honorverse or Safehold. But now there is a sequel in the works and RFC is posting snippets from Into the Light. So suddenly this forum, which for years was an afterthought is a happening place. And I love the snippets I have read so far. Can't wait for the entire book!
Re: It kind of feels bizarre...
Post by Mycall4me   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

For me it's not bizarre, it's actually a relief. I just joined so I could make new posts. I wanted to find out where RFC had "disappeared" to after Through Fiery Trails was released. RFC had made a post (awhile back)(he was still working on UH at the time) about his proposed schedule, and he thought that he would be working on SotS 2 after TFT. I was anticipating snippets from that project, and there were none. I was beginning to worry about RFC's health, or some other kind of difficulties, so I registered and made a couple of posts, and nobody had an answer for me, so I decided to do some forum surfing, and since I hadn't been here for awhile I thought that I'd check it out. I was quite surprised (and relieved) to see 18 snippets for the sequel ItL. I went back to check the snippets forum, and it was just as empty of new snippets as it's been every other time I had been checking on it recently (I was checking the War God forum also, looking for snippets) I'm kind of glad that I hadn't been checking in this forum, because I get 18 snippets all at once, instead of having to wait for a new one :lol: :D to be posted. I had only read the first chapter that RFC posted awhile back, and it looked to be iinteresting. I've only gotten through the first 6, and I can't wait for the release of the book. So, lucky me, I'm on my way to number 7! And see what's next after that.
Last edited by Mycall4me on Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Lunan   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

Due to health issues after his fall just over a year ago at dragon con Himself was not upto snuff, and his muse was not fully functional (apperently he even worried he would not be able to do a solo novel again) it appears his muse has come back and health is much better and thus solo books will be coming again, including the much waited for addtional books in the In Fury Born universe, as well as the next in the Norfressa sequence(this being his "fantasy magnum opus" i imagine he is waiting to be sure it works properly. I also saw a certain rumor in Ringo's Tavern that Himself was heard to say that he would be working on "the series that shall not be named". so hopefully exciting things come in the future

Mycall4me wrote:For me it's not bizarre, it's actually a relief. I just joined so I could make new posts. I wanted to find out where RFC had "disappeared" to after Through Fiery Trails was released. RFC had made a post (awhile back)(he was still working on UH at the time) about his proposed schedule, and he thought that he would be working on SotS 2 after TFT. I was anticipating snippets from that project, and there were none. I was beginning to worry about RFC's health, or some other kind of difficulties, so I registered and made a couple of posts, and nobody had an answer for me, so I decided to do some forum surfing, and since I hadn't been here for awhile I thought that I'd check it out. I was quite surprised (and relieved) to see 18 snippets for the sequel ItL. I went back to check the snippets forum, and it was just as empty of new snippets as it's been every other time I had been checking on it recently (I was checking the War God forum also, looking for snippets) I'm kind of glad that I hadn't been checking in this forum, because I get 18 snippets all at once, instead of having to wait for a new one :lol: :D to be posted. I had only read the first chapter that RFC posted awhile back, and it looked to be iinteresting. I've only gotten through the first 6, and I can't wait for the release of the book. So, lucky me, I'm on my way to number 7!
Post by Mycall4me   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Well, well, well. Aren't you just the bearer of good news! I'm not really all that familiar with how to get up to date (and/or recent events) about my favourite author. Which is actually why I registered yesterday, because my best (make that my only) source for Weber info wasn't being very forthcoming lately, and (as far as I could tell) nobody was talking or asking about the things I've been interested in. And, hey wow!! It's working! I've gotten more information in just two days, than I've been able to find by flying solo for months now! Thanks so much for the informative update! Of course now that I have a better idea of just exactly what may be coming down the pike, I'm now back in that "waiting breathlessly" mode.
It'd kind of like the feeling you got as a kid when Christmas was getting closer. I've been a VERY good boy, I wonder what Santa will be bringing me? :lol: :roll:
Post by Lunan   » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

well that would be xmas 2020 so hold in there a bit longer, nothing known coming in 2019 that isn't already out.
Now that hinted co/tri authorial effort with Larry Correia and Jim Butcher is likely 2021/2022

Mycall4me wrote:Well, well, well. Aren't you just the bearer of good news! I'm not really all that familiar with how to get up to date (and/or recent events) about my favourite author. Which is actually why I registered yesterday, because my best (make that my only) source for Weber info wasn't being very forthcoming lately, and (as far as I could tell) nobody was talking or asking about the things I've been interested in. And, hey wow!! It's working! I've gotten more information in just two days, than I've been able to find by flying solo for months now! Thanks so much for the informative update! Of course now that I have a better idea of just exactly what may be coming down the pike, I'm now back in that "waiting breathlessly" mode.
It'd kind of like the feeling you got as a kid when Christmas was getting closer. I've been a VERY good boy, I wonder what Santa will be bringing me? :lol: :roll:
Post by Mycall4me   » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

2020! That's nothing! It's a just a blink away! After all I waited 5 YEARS for UH (and IMO it was definitely worth the wait) After getting blessed with the snippets I can tell that this book is going to be awesome as well!
I'm a REALLY new participant to the site (3 whole days now) and this is really FUN, And informative also! I really should have registered a LONG time ago!
I just want to thank you all again, for making me feel so welcome! :mrgreen: :P :!:

Return to Out of the Dark