Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Is there a release date yet for Into the Light?

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Is there a release date yet for Into the Light?
Post by Henry Brown   » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

I just checked Amazon and there was nothing listed. Was just wondering if anybody had read anything online about when the book would come out.
Re: Is there a release date yet for Into the Light?
Post by Joat42   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:07 am

Joat42
Admiral

I think from what rfc said, we can probably expect the release date to be sometime during the first half of 2020.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:59 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Joat42 wrote:I think from what rfc said, we can probably expect the release date to be sometime during the first half of 2020.

That would be great, but I'm afraid it's wrong. If I remember correctly, RFC said something about January 2021 or so ... just found it! It's in a tweet of @BureauNine, from July 17th, 2019.
Post by Joat42   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:02 am

Joat42
Admiral

Well.. That sucks.. :(

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Isilith   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:36 pm

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:
Joat42 wrote:I think from what rfc said, we can probably expect the release date to be sometime during the first half of 2020.

That would be great, but I'm afraid it's wrong. If I remember correctly, RFC said something about January 2021 or so ... just found it! It's in a tweet of @BureauNine, from July 17th, 2019.

That's ridiculous.
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

Isilith wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Nonetheless, it's true. I admit, I hoped, too, it was only a misspelling, and that they actually meant 2020 - but in that case, the book already would be available for pre-order on the sites of the usual suspects - Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Hugendubel ... you name it. But it isn't. So, if we get our clutches on the book in 2020 at all, it will probably not happen before the 3rd quarter of the year is already in full swing - call it 2nd half of August or September 2020 as the earliest date. But that would be all we could hope for ... and the chance would be slim.
Post by Lunan   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

keeping in mind the book is coming from Tor and unless you are one of their major cash cows(stormlight archives) the average from turned in manuscript to publication is 18 months from what i recall, not the 2 to 6 months it normally takes baen

[/quote]

Nonetheless, it's true. I admit, I hoped, too, it was only a misspelling, and that they actually meant 2020 - but in that case, the book already would be available for pre-order on the sites of the usual suspects - Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Hugendubel ... you name it. But it isn't. So, if we get our clutches on the book in 2020 at all, it will probably not happen before the 3rd quarter of the year is already in full swing - call it 2nd half of August or September 2020 as the earliest date. But that would be all we could hope for ... and the chance would be slim.[/quote]
Post by drothgery   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:20 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Lunan wrote:keeping in mind the book is coming from Tor and unless you are one of their major cash cows(stormlight archives) the average from turned in manuscript to publication is 18 months from what i recall, not the 2 to 6 months it normally takes baen

And note that RFC (or at least main sequence Honorverse) is Baen's major cash cow.
Post by Lunan   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

ah, but vampires in space is not tors, and while safehold is a big series i don't think its one of their biggest ones

drothgery wrote:
Lunan wrote:keeping in mind the book is coming from Tor and unless you are one of their major cash cows(stormlight archives) the average from turned in manuscript to publication is 18 months from what i recall, not the 2 to 6 months it normally takes baen

And note that RFC (or at least main sequence Honorverse) is Baen's major cash cow.
Post by Isilith   » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 am

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:

If it is that far out, we will have read the book just through snippets... twice.

Return to Out of the Dark