Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Snippet?

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Snippet?
Post by phillies   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:45 pm

phillies
Admiral

Grovel, beg, plead.
Re: Snippet?
Post by bigrunt   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:51 pm

bigrunt
Lieutenant Commander

Yea, I am checking every day too. I imagine we are going to be slowed way down since the book does not come out for 15 more months.
Post by dvdscar   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:34 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

phillies wrote:Grovel, beg, plead.

On his Facebook wall, someone asked RFC about the delay in snippeting. His response was:

"Because I hit a wall with travel, deadlines, and Real Life stuff. Patience!"
Post by phillies   » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:17 am

phillies
Admiral

dvdscar wrote:
phillies wrote:Grovel, beg, plead.

On his Facebook wall, someone asked RFC about the delay in snippeting. His response was:

"Because I hit a wall with travel, deadlines, and Real Life stuff. Patience!"

We shall endure. That which does not destroy us makes us stronger. Unless we are some miitary fighting guerrillas, in which case that which does not destroy us can still attrit the dickens out of us.
Post by Theemile   » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

phillies wrote:
We shall endure. That which does not destroy us makes us stronger. Unless we are some miitary fighting guerrillas, in which case that which does not destroy us can still attrit the dickens out of us.

Let's see. We're dispersed, we harass the snot out of people, we pop up at the oddest times and places... short of flying bullets and explosions, we sure do fit the description of a guerillia outfit.

we might be in trouble.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Mycall4me   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

My biggest gripe is that Tor doesn't do E-ARCs! How can any commercial operation fail to see the benefit about getting two sales for one book? A lot of us jump onto the e-arc, and then go out to get the finished product when it's finally released. Don't they WANT to make money? :?: :?: :lol:
Post by Mycall4me   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Man! This is fun! I just now got registered so that I can actually participate in the forums. I should have done it a long time ago! :P :lol:
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:58 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Mycall4me wrote:Man! This is fun! I just now got registered so that I can actually participate in the forums. I should have done it a long time ago! :P :lol:

If you like these snippets, check out the Gordian Protocol forum, where you will find the snippets for "The Valkyrie Protocol" - the sequel to TGP.

Also check out the Marmelukes forum, as there is where David is posting the snippets for that book (which is the culmination of the Janassaries series by Jerry Pournelle).
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:32 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

I'm starting to get snippet withdrawal symptoms, any idea when the next one is due?
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Isilith   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:58 am

Isilith
Captain (Junior Grade)

Over a month now, definitely have the shakes.

Return to Out of the Dark