Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

The three relics (Spoilers)

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
The three relics (Spoilers)
Post by SYED   » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:04 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

According to the info dump, there are three really key relics. The crown, harp and sword. Since we have the sword in play, I wonder if the others will be seen. Especially since the new guy can play the harp. I keep on thinking that the bad guys will under estimate the harp to their detriment. The sword is a weapon so a threat, the crown is a show of power, but the harp is an instrument of art, no matter if it is an important relic. So to the wizard lords, the harp is the least of them
The little girl is believed to be the first wild Mage, with a host of talents. I am imagining what happens if she puts on the crown. It reads minds and finds dark magic, which as a Mage she can already do, it expands her range. I wonder if it can expand the range of her other gifts. A key advantage of mages is that they can pool their talents and powers. Imagine what happens if a Mage of her power does this wearing the crown. Look at how mages stump wizards as it is, imagine the supercharged.
The war maid and champion couple were bound together by the gods, linked by power flu magics. Imagine if G and K were similarly linked, pooling their power.
I just remembered the sword is a wild magic relic, so i bet the other two are as well. That is sure to have special meaning in the future. Apart from these three items, i wonder if there are others. I doubt there would be a huge number, but there have been other wild wizard through the ages. They might be hidden from wand and wild wizards, perhaps even mages. But a wild mage with full access to her power could be a whole entirly different matter.
Re: The three relics (Spoilers)
Post by TangoLima   » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Perhaps Wencit has a clue, or knows where to buy one.
Post by thanatos   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:21 pm

thanatos
Captain (Junior Grade)

SYED wrote:...
The little girl is believed to be the first wild Mage, with a host of talents. I am imagining what happens if she puts on the crown. It reads minds and finds dark magic, which as a Mage she can already do, it expands her range. I wonder if it can expand the range of her other gifts. A key advantage of mages is that they can pool their talents and powers. Imagine what happens if a Mage of her power does this wearing the crown. Look at how mages stump wizards as it is, imagine the supercharged.

I remember a conversation that Wencit had with Bahzell, Brandark, Keiritha and Vaijon in the War God's Own. He explained that human-Hradani hybrids inherited the best of both parents i.e. the Hradani's strength and resilience and the human's capacity for wizardry. Coupled with the Hradani's link to the magic field, and you potentially get the most powerful beings on Orfressa, with their inherent infertility being the only thing that prevented them from taking over the world. So Bahzell's daughter is less a mage and more a wild wizard.

I also recall something Wencit said in the Sword Brother novella - That the spells that strafed Kontovare were still open and active and ready for him to use again for as long as he lives (and that he is ultimately mortal). Perhaps this is why Wencit was so willing top go all out against the Council of Carnadosa when Varnaythus was about to kill Lyanna - To ensure the birth of Bahzell's and Lyanna's daughter, who would take control of those spells once he was no longer around. Wencit perhaps knows that he and Norfressa can only hope to win (or at least survive) if the Carnadosans dare not back their "conventional" forces with the full power of their sorcery.
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

SYED wrote:According to the info dump, there are three really key relics. The crown, harp and sword. Since we have the sword in play, SNIP.

anyone have a referance/link to this info dump?

thanks
Post by Louis R   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

that would be this one, i think: http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... essa/226/1

isaac_newton wrote:
SYED wrote:According to the info dump, there are three really key relics. The crown, harp and sword. Since we have the sword in play, SNIP.

thanks
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:49 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Louis R wrote:that would be this one, i think: http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... essa/226/1

isaac_newton wrote: SNIP

Post by Bahzellstudent   » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

It really is about time I re-read this series
Post by Michae   » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 pm

Michae
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I really would like to know what the "full power" of the Sword of the South is and what it does,as I'm thinking it must be something extremely powerful if such lengths were put by the Carnadosans to hide it from anyone,even if it was in two parts.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:12 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Michae wrote:I really would like to know what the "full power" of the Sword of the South is and what it does,as I'm thinking it must be something extremely powerful if such lengths were put by the Carnadosans to hide it from anyone,even if it was in two parts.

?
It was Wencit who hid it (and kept one of the two parts).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Michae   » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:46 am

Michae
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I know this is a old thread,but I'm wondering if the three relics united might have additional powers. As the Crown of Ottovar has been lost for a long time at this point,so maybe the three relics wielded together have some additional powers that no-one knows about,bar maybe Wencit?

Return to War God