Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Republicans are really stupid sometimes

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Republicans are really stupid sometimes
Post by The E   » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:38 am

The E
Admiral

Folks, I want you to meet Danielle Stella. She's running against Ilhan Omar in Minnesota. She is a full-on Trump-supporting, QAnon-believing person; She's done what is expected of her and accused Omar of being a criminal and demanding that Omar be ejected from her office for failing to uphold the law (Which, in this case, means that she disagrees with Omar's stances on immigration law; As we all know, disagreeing with what Trumpets say is a crime and also bad).

She's also accused of being a shoplifter, having been arrested twice for shoplifting charges.
I can only assume that she was just doing her part to make her description of Minneapolis as "the crime capital of our country" true.
Re: Republicans are really stupid sometimes
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:17 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...I think I heard something about that.
Didn't Ilhan marry a man who may have had the same father as her?
Their respective fathers apparently had exactly the same name or something.

(Insert comment about how both women match their parties here)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Re: Republicans are really stupid sometimes
Post by The E   » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:00 am

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Didn't Ilhan marry a man who may have had the same father as her?
Their respective fathers apparently had exactly the same name or something.

You want to source that statement?

No, wait, don't bother. I'll do it for you.

These rumours have been going around since 2016, when she ran for state representative. No proof has ever emerged, and Omar herself strongly denied it.
The facts are:
* She was planning to marry a man named Ahmed Hirsi in 2002, which fell through
* She married Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a british citizen, in 2009. That marriage was dissolved (in religious terms) in 2011; the legal divorce was only finalized in late 2018
* In January 2018, she married Ahmed Hirsi.

The rumour can be sourced to "a now-deleted post on an internet forum" which claimed that Elmi was her brother... without providing any proof whatsoever for that statement.

Here, read the blog post where the rumour came from yourself, and do pay attention to what it does and does not say. It treats "Ahmed Nur Said Elmi is Ilhan Omar's brother" as absolute fact, only going so far as to claim that that detail is "an open secret in the somali community".

(Insert comment about how both women match their parties here)

Yes, I totally agree that people running on the republican ticket are actual criminals whereas democrats are targets of really silly slander campaigns that only people dumb enough to vote conservative can believe.

(Bottom line: If you are not able and willing to do fact-checking yourself if you hear an outrageous rumour, you are helpless in the current political climate, regardless of where you live or what cause you vote for.)

Return to Politics