Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Please tell me this is a fake news...

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Please tell me this is a fake news...
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:01 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Interestingly, those of us who have visited Mount Vernon on the Potomac viewed the slave cabins adjacent to Wahington's "mansion" (which is pathetic compared to General Robert E Lee's spectscular mansion at Arlington). The tour was very candid about Washington's status as a slave owner without celebrating it.

The truth of the matter is that many in the African-American community along with more recent immigrants from Asia are very eager to denigrate the founding fathers. Aside from marginalizing Caucassion Americans (whom many hate), this undermines the legitimacy of America's Constitution and thus enables transforming the country into their vision of utopia.
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
That is the exact freaking opposite of what I said.

How exactly those murals glorify Washington's slave ownership?
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:25 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

Precisely the point!
There is nothing about the mural that glorifies slavery.

It is sort of like Colin Kaepernick objecting to the Betsy Ross flag on a pair of Nike shoes. Perhaps he has conflated the Civil War with the Revolutionary War?

I hear that Colin has announced that he now wears only silk panties because wearing cotton panties reminds him of slavery.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:02 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Interestingly, those of us who have visited Mount Vernon on the Potomac viewed the slave cabins adjacent to Wahington's "mansion" (which is pathetic compared to General Robert E Lee's spectscular mansion at Arlington). The tour was very candid about Washington's status as a slave owner without celebrating it.

As it should be...

The truth of the matter is that many in the African-American community along with more recent immigrants from Asia are very eager to denigrate the founding fathers.

Can't imagine why...

Try to wrap your mind around the fact that the view of American history from the perspective of racial minorities is *very different* than the narrative you are probably used to. And entirely accurate.
Last edited by gcomeau on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

Didn't say they did.

My comment was in response to the generalized "liberals don't want to face unpleasant historical realities" narrative forming in the thread.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:22 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:

As it should be...

The truth of the matter is that many in the African-American community along with more recent immigrants from Asia are very eager to denigrate the founding fathers.

Can't imagine why...

Try to wrap your mind around the fact that the view of American history from the perspective of racial minorities is *very different* than the narrative you are probably used to. And entirely accurate.[/quote]

Different, yes.
Accurate, no.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
Can't imagine why...

Try to wrap your mind around the fact that the view of American history from the perspective of racial minorities is *very different* than the narrative you are probably used to. And entirely accurate.

Different, yes.
Accurate, no.

Oh so the founders *didn't* own their ancestors as slaves or enshrine their lesser status as a matter of law in the nation they were founding or commit significant crimes against the Native American population or...?

That's all "innacurate"?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_abolition_of_slavery_and_serfdom

You post that as if it's an actual response to my question.

Unless your intention was to concede my point... it's not.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:29 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Different, yes.
Accurate, no.

Oh so the founders *didn't* own their ancestors as slaves or enshrine their lesser status as a matter of law in the nation they were founding or commit significant crimes against the Native American population or...?

That's all "innacurate"?

Are you going to start spewing that 3/5s of a person BS?

Return to Politics