Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:43 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The USA is Number 111!

https://youtu.be/pELwCqz2JfE

Taking into consideration what you said before that:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The point is that you and your buddies refuse to explsin why homicide rates are falling much less consider that factor as well as other factors as the possible determinant causes of homicide rates in the US.

What would happen if we adjusted the US homicide rates according to the demographic factors when comparing to other countries rates. Where would the USA end up on the list then?!

I think I made a post about this a long time ago which I can't be bothered to dig up right now, but I seem to remember it didn't really help the statistics for the USA.

Such a data adjustment would make the US about even or better compared to most European countries. This is in spite of the abysmally low arrest and clearance rates achieved by American police.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:31 am

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:<snip>
Such a data adjustment would make the US about even or better compared to most European countries. This is in spite of the abysmally low arrest and clearance rates achieved by American police.

How do you come to that conclusion?

The USA has 2-5x the homicide-rate compared to most countries in Europe. You really need to point out which factors that can adjust for that before coming with the unsubstantiated claim that the USA is about even or better than most European countries.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:35 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

The U.S. data is skewed by the appalling murder rates in fewer than a dozen large cities such as Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, Baltimore and Detroit that have been run by Democrats for decades, where they have enacted their ‘progressive reforms’ and prohibited private ownership of guns. Exclusive of those anomalies, the murder rate here is lower than in Canada, or Britain. That is the ‘gun-free paradise’ they want to bring to the whole country. Well, they can just shove it.

There are many other U.S. cities where guns have not been prohibited, and their murder rates are much, much lower. Other forms of violent crime are less prevalent there, as well.

The leftists blame all of that crime — even the crimes that do not involve guns — on guns smuggled in from the unregulated wilderness beyond their enlightened statist control, but WHY didn’t those same guns cause any crimes ‘out there’ before they reached those blessed sanctuaries?

The leftists made a promise: “The government will take all of your guns, and protect you from crime.” The government has failed to deliver. It is time, and past time, for the people to rescind their side of that agreement.
———————————
Why do so many idiots believe that the way to solve our problems is to vote for the same shitheads that caused them?
Post by Daryl   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I'm an outsider, but just spent 15 minutes on Google checking things out, and according to multiple sites there are no areas that have "prohibited private ownership of guns".
As fly does, you can twist and turn making distinctions about excluding a dozen large cities and such, but it still remains that the US is unique in developed countries in having horrendous gun death rates.
An interesting web site is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_d ... s_by_state

To summarise, their map has the highest incidence in gun deaths in the "fly over" states.

Imaginos1892 wrote:The U.S. data is skewed by the appalling murder rates in fewer than a dozen large cities such as Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, Baltimore and Detroit that have been run by Democrats for decades, where they have enacted their ‘progressive reforms’ and prohibited private ownership of guns. Exclusive of those anomalies, the murder rate here is lower than in Canada, or Britain. That is the ‘gun-free paradise’ they want to bring to the whole country. Well, they can just shove it.

There are many other U.S. cities where guns have not been prohibited, and their murder rates are much, much lower. Other forms of violent crime are less prevalent there, as well.

The leftists blame all of that crime — even the crimes that do not involve guns — on guns smuggled in from the unregulated wilderness beyond their enlightened statist control, but WHY didn’t those same guns cause any crimes ‘out there’ before they reached those blessed sanctuaries?

The leftists made a promise: “The government will take all of your guns, and protect you from crime.” The government has failed to deliver. It is time, and past time, for the people to rescind their side of that agreement.
———————————
Why do so many idiots believe that the way to solve our problems is to vote for the same shitheads that caused them?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:30 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Guns were banned in Washington DC until the law was found unconstitutional in 2008.

If you are required by law to register all guns, and those registrations are routinely rejected by the city bureaucracy, that amounts to de facto prohibition. Try to register a gun in Chicago — if you're not a privileged, rich Democrat campaign donor.

Several other cities have similar bans-in-all-but-name.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:55 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:I'm an outsider, but just spent 15 minutes on Google checking things out, and according to multiple sites there are no areas that have "prohibited private ownership of guns".
As fly does, you can twist and turn making distinctions about excluding a dozen large cities and such, but it still remains that the US is unique in developed countries in having horrendous gun death rates.
An interesting web site is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_d ... s_by_state

To summarise, their map has the highest incidence in gun deaths in the "fly over" states.

Imaginos1892 wrote:The U.S. data is skewed by the appalling murder rates in fewer than a dozen large cities such as Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, Baltimore and Detroit that have been run by Democrats for decades, where they have enacted their ‘progressive reforms’ and prohibited private ownership of guns. Exclusive of those anomalies, the murder rate here is lower than in Canada, or Britain. That is the ‘gun-free paradise’ they want to bring to the whole country. Well, they can just shove it.

———————————

Once again you didn't apply your critical thinking skills.
This article counts "gun deaths" which includes gun SUICIDES! Most gun deaths in the US are GUN SUICIDES. The US does NOT have a high suicide rate compared to "civilized" countries.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:07 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Post by smr   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:40 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

What would happen if gun confiscation started in America!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJh7Ye1Qvc8

If America would descend into civil war that would cause a Global Recession with many civil wars and wars of conquest worldwide.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

smr wrote:If America would descend into civil war that would cause a Global Recession with many civil wars and wars of conquest worldwide.

If America goes all Civil War Round 2, the Democrats would lose quite handily*. Oddly, it's the Democrats who have been staunchly pro-gun-control, putting them at a massive disadvantage should things suddenly heat up.

On a side note, certain left-wing groups are protesting the Declaration of Independence as being "sexist, racist" and potentially therefore invalid. I agree with them. Shred the Declaration and we in the UK will be happy to legally resume control of the Colonies, along with our far, far lower murder rates...
:twisted:

*The comment about WWIII at the end is one I would hope does not come true, but given how certain Democrats are allying with the known terrorist group Antifa, I fear that it may actually be plausible, if only barely...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:06 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Michael Everett wrote:
smr wrote:If America would descend into civil war that would cause a Global Recession with many civil wars and wars of conquest worldwide.

If America goes all Civil War Round 2, the Democrats would lose quite handily*. Oddly, it's the Democrats who have been staunchly pro-gun-control, putting them at a massive disadvantage should things suddenly heat up.

On a side note, certain left-wing groups are protesting the Declaration of Independence as being "sexist, racist" and potentially therefore invalid. I agree with them. Shred the Declaration and we in the UK will be happy to legally resume control of the Colonies, along with our far, far lower murder rates...
:twisted:

*The comment about WWIII at the end is one I would hope does not come true, but given how certain Democrats are allying with the known terrorist group Antifa, I fear that it may actually be plausible, if only barely...

It would be fun to see you Brits try to reassert your "authority" over the US. Even the Democrats would fare better.

Return to Politics