Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Knives, Knives, Knives

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:28 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I have not posted on this thread recently.

So many knifings ro choose from. How do I decide which to post?

I chose this one because of the isightful rather than inciteful commentary.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/f ... 55996.html
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:41 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:05 am

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/mother-of-three-stabbed-in-thigh-as-she-pushed-baby-son-in-buggy-after-refusing-to-hand-over-phone-a4163721.html

Another day, another attempt by TFLY to argue by anecdote while ignoring reality. Yes, occasionally people are killed in the UK and other developed nations with sane gun control laws. And yes, a lot of the times the murder weapon is not a gun.

No, that isn't an argument against sane gun control laws. No matter how many anecdotes you post. Because:

https://www.vividmaps.com/wp-content/up ... icides.png
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 am

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/mother-of-three-stabbed-in-thigh-as-she-pushed-baby-son-in-buggy-after-refusing-to-hand-over-phone-a4163721.html

Another day, another attempt by TFLY to argue by anecdote while ignoring reality. Yes, occasionally people are killed in the UK and other developed nations with sane gun control laws. And yes, a lot of the times the murder weapon is not a gun.

No, that isn't an argument against sane gun control laws. No matter how many anecdotes you post. Because:

I believe that this map is far more informative.

https://www.vividmaps.com/2015/10/world ... -rate.html

What are the "sane" gun control laws where you live?
What is the homicide rate where you live?
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:06 am

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Another day, another attempt by TFLY to argue by anecdote while ignoring reality. Yes, occasionally people are killed in the UK and other developed nations with sane gun control laws. And yes, a lot of the times the murder weapon is not a gun.

Yes, I'm sure it makes you feel better to hold the US up for comparison against third world nations and war zones when it comes to comparative homicide rates... I've gotten used to US conservatives standards being set incredibly low.

"We're better than Somalia!!!!! Woo!!!!"

In the US? I think we just covered that. They're not good. That's kind of the problem.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:09 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Yes, I'm sure it makes you feel better to hold the US up for comparison against third world nations and war zones when it comes to comparative homicide rates... I've gotten used to US conservatives standards being set incredibly low.

"We're better than Somalia!!!!! Woo!!!!"

In the US? I think we just covered that. They're not good. That's kind of the problem.

This is precisely the point. US crime data and comparison to world crime data conclusively prooves that the US violent crime rate and homicide rate would be comparable to our European peers if not for the horrendous numbers of violent crimes and homicides comitted by African-Americans and hispanics. International comparison reveals that the astonishing violent crime rate commited by African-Americans and hispanics is very consistant with the crime and homicide rates committed by Africans and Hispanics in Africa and Latin America. Just FYI, these countries generally have European style gun regulations or complete gun prohibition.

Answer the questions about what you think are sensible gun laws and what the homicide rate is where you live!
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
gcomeau wrote:In the US? I think we just covered that. They're not good. That's kind of the problem.

This is precisely the point. US crime data and comparison to world crime data conclusively prooves that the US violent crime rate and homicide rate would be comparable to our European peers if not for the horrendous numbers of violent crimes and homicides comitted by African-Americans and hispanics.

(Remember everyone, US conservatives are NOT racists and how dare you accuse them of it!!!)

International comparison reveals that the astonishing violent crime rate commited by African-Americans and hispanics is very consistant with the crime and homicide rates committed by Africans and Hispanics in Africa and Latin America. Just FYI, these countries generally have European style gun regulations or complete gun prohibition.

As an FYI, you need stable functioning civil infrastructure to make enforcement of those kinds of laws effective. Which is WHY WE COMPARE COUNTRIES WITH STABLE FUNCTIONING CIVIL INFRASTRUCTURES to see what the comparative effect of gun laws in said countries is instead of just ranting half baked ill informed racist theories about it being due to violent not-white people.

Answer the questions about what you think are sensible gun laws and what the homicide rate is where you live!

As I just pointed out in my last post I LIVE IN THE US YOU DOLT. We have rather extensively covered what US gun laws and homicide rates are.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 am

TFLYTSNBN

I do not want to struggle with the quote structure to reply to Gcomeau so I am just posting new.

Are you certain that you just didn't crash your flying saucer in the US when invading from your home planet? Be very careful crossing those asphalt strips on the ground. They aren't forcefields. You could end up having to be scraped off of some rednecks' pickup grill with a snow shovel and have a "V8" hood ornament lodged in your forhead.

Your accusations of racism in response to my citing the extreme disparity in homicide rates of various racial/ethnic groups in the US illustrate just how demented modern liberalism has become. Marie Le Pen is actually being prosecuted for posting videos of Isis attrocities.

The disparities in homicide rates are VERY REAL. It is not racism to point them out.

You do raise an extremely valid point about fuctional verses dysfunctional criminal justice systems. Go back to that map you posted on world homicide rates. Notice the extreme variation between the various states in the United States? The redneck states with the least restrictive gun laws are the states that have homicide rates comparable to those European shitholes that you idolize.

Why the extreme variance in the US?

I could cite demographics, but that would be racist.

Let us try another approach. How about you delve into the FBI publication CRIME IN THE UNITED STATES. It is available on line. Locate for each state the number of homicides and the number of arrests for homicide. Calculate the ration between the two numbers for each state. This is not a perfectly accurate measure of crime clearance rates which the FBI will not publish for individual jurisdictions that could br used for comparison. Homicide often involves multiple offenders attacking a single or multiple victims and sometimes a single offender attacking multiple victims. However; calculating the ratio of total arrests for homicides verses total homicides will offer a reasonably accurate measure of how effective the criminal justice systems in each State are.

Notice the correllation between dysfunctional criminal justice systems and high murder rates?
Post by Daryl   » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The Canadian Blue Eyes versus Brown Eyes experiment exposed the stupidity of racism. Get a group of similar people, and then get them to role play over weeks that those with blue eyes are inferior socially and intellectually, and have lower work ethics.
In a surprisingly short time the two groups began taking on the characteristics of racism. One group feeling and acting inferior, while the other group felt superior and lorded it over them.
From all accounts it was difficult to untangle afterwards.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:The Canadian Blue Eyes versus Brown Eyes experiment exposed the stupidity of racism. Get a group of similar people, and then get them to role play over weeks that those with blue eyes are inferior socially and intellectually, and have lower work ethics.
In a surprisingly short time the two groups began taking on the characteristics of racism. One group feeling and acting inferior, while the other group felt superior and lorded it over them.
From all accounts it was difficult to untangle afterwards.

Exactly!

My repeated references to the disparity between African-American and hispsnic homicide rates verses caucasian and Asian-American homicides rates is predicated on the assumption that it is the result of culture rather than genetics. We need to reform the cultural attitudes of perpetual aggrievment and resentment while also confronting true White supremacy. Unfortunately; confronting the African-American community about their behavior issues is rayy-ciiist.

Nobody didn't see nothing...

https://www.kptv.com/news/police-id--ye ... 3e3be.html

Return to Politics