Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Oil All Gone In 38 Years!!!!!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Oil All Gone In 38 Years!!!!!
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Of course there is a solution.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca ... renewable/

Not completely accurate from a technical perspective but gets the point across.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:11 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Of course this crisis could have been averted if we had not enabled countries such as China, India, Brazil, Malaysia and Indonesia to industrialize. Should have kept them in poverty.
Post by Joat42   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Of course this crisis could have been averted if we had not enabled countries such as China, India, Brazil, Malaysia and Indonesia to industrialize. Should have kept them in poverty.

Well, yeah.. I guess getting your servants from those countries is a bit more exotic than Mexico...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:06 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Of course this crisis could have been averted if we had not enabled countries such as China, India, Brazil, Malaysia and Indonesia to industrialize. Should have kept them in poverty.

Well, yeah.. I guess getting your servants from those countries is a bit more exotic than Mexico...

You have an amazing inability to recognize sarcasm.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:10 pm

TFLYTSNBN

We can thank Jane Fonda for this.

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2019 ... -too-late/

Of course the one positive contribution of the US anti nuclear movement is that they conned everyone into thinking that nuclear wastes remain highly radioactive for millions of years which resulted in the Yucca Mountain circle jerk. All of those spent fuel rods are easily accessible for recycling.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Each barrel of oil yields less net energy today, because more energy is spent obtaining it, and most of that energy is generated by burning oil. Eventually it will take a barrel of oil to get a barrel of oil. Long before we reach that point, oil will no longer be a viable energy source.

Must point here, that even after that point oil would remain a viable way to STORE energy.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:43 am

Joat42
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You have an amazing inability to recognize sarcasm.

Uhm, no. I answered your sarcasm with my sarcasm which seems to have ruffled your feathers.

---

Post by chuckpeterson   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 pm

chuckpeterson
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:I hate stats because they can be so easily manipulated. I noticed that they did not put Israel on that list. That country is sitting on the largest oil field in the World.
:lol:
Israel's proved reserves of oil are at 11.5 million barrels and its proved reserves of natural gas are at 10.1 trillion cubic feet (Tcf).

The United States Energy Information Administration predicted in 2006 that world consumption of oil will increase to 98.3 million barrels per day (15,630,000 m3/d) (mbd) in 2015

Israel has 11 million barrels while the world consumes 98 million barrels in a day.
And Israel stole those reserves from the Palestinians :evil:

What a joke,
:lol:
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Well, yeah.. I guess getting your servants from those countries is a bit more exotic than Mexico...

TFLYTSNBN wrote:You have an amazing inability to recognize sarcasm.

Uhm, no. I answered your sarcasm with my sarcasm which seems to have ruffled your feathers.

Point taken.
My apologies for presuming that you were bashing America rather than just making a joke.

The really scary reality is that there are people in the AGW movement advocating deindustrialisation of the third world. Of course their pronouncements about the urgency to achieve a "sustainable population" are a justification of systematic genocide killing billions of people.
Post by Joat42   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Joat42
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Point taken.
My apologies for presuming that you were bashing America rather than just making a joke.

The really scary reality is that there are people in the AGW movement advocating deindustrialisation of the third world. Of course their pronouncements about the urgency to achieve a "sustainable population" are a justification of systematic genocide killing billions of people.

That's... just plain stupid.. And those countries won't sit idly by while the industrialized world rides their gravy train...

As they say, good intentions pave the way to hell but in this instance I would rather say idiotic intentions pave the way to hell.

---

Return to Politics