Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: noblehunter and 3 guests

Third World America

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Third World America
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:33 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Massive piles of rubbish.
Huge numbers of homeless on the streets.
Swarms of rats carrying diseases.
Public defecation causing problems.

This is not a reference to one of the war-torn nations of Africa, this is currently the status of the Democrat-run cities of Los Angeles and San Francisco as noted by Tim Pool.
While there seem to be political reasons for this (which is interesting given the worst-affected cities are governed by a Democrat supermajority), that is not as important as the threat to global health that these issues present. The issues are a perfect storm which will most likely lead to a massive outbreak of disease that could easily kill millions. With modern transport, disease is no longer stopped by borders and through certain cities inability to get to grips with basic hygiene concepts, it could easily cause an outbreak that would make the Black Death look minor in terms of propagation and effect, especially given the anti-science pseudo-philosophy which seems to be gaining momentum in certain portions of society (Anti-Vaxxers being a notable expression of that movement).

The problem does not seem to be going away any time soon and I find myself grateful that I'm on the other side of the Pond.

Watching the Bubonic Plague sweep America will be... interesting for all the wrong reasons.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:06 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2145
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

Basically a clear demonstration, that sometimes government simply need the authority to order things right, without wasting time, hoping that "democratic procedures" or "free market" would somehow solve all problems without peoples in power getting their hands dirty.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by smr   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:54 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Sound like San Francisco. Let's ban plastic bags and not enforce drug laws....wait that's a liberal paradise. We will pay for people to get high and not work! I know we we ban plastic straws and plastic bags but not clean the streets! High tax rates and high regulations and business's flee the Progressive/Radical West Coast. Let's go kill babies when they are viable outside the womb. I know let's go blame Trump and hold a rally to protest his administration and burn the flag. Sure sounds like a civil war is on the horizon. Some states are not much different than Venezuela. Hey Radical/Progressives/Liberals...stay the hell out of Texas! :D

Dilandu wrote:Basically a clear demonstration, that sometimes government simply need the authority to order things right, without wasting time, hoping that "democratic procedures" or "free market" would somehow solve all problems without peoples in power getting their hands dirty.
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by Dilandu   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2145
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

smr wrote:Sound like San Francisco. Let's ban plastic bags and not enforce drug laws....wait that's a liberal paradise. We will pay for people to get high and not work! I know we we ban plastic straws and plastic bags but not clean the streets! High tax rates and high regulations and business's flee the Progressive/Radical West Coast. Let's go kill babies when they are viable outside the womb. I know let's go blame Trump and hold a rally to protest his administration and burn the flag. Sure sounds like a civil war is on the horizon. Some states are not much different than Venezuela. Hey Radical/Progressives/Liberals...stay the hell out of Texas! :D


Basically, the San Francisco (and Venezuela, too) situation is what you got by trying to build a socialist utopia without one crucial point: work. All the old-school socialist regimes were based on the idea of labor as both duty and honor. Yes, the old USSR provided quite a lot for free - housing, medical care, very good education, recreation, even guaranteed work places - but only for peoples who worked honestly. The idea that peoples should have everything for free without consideration what good for society they done in exchange - this idea have nothing to do with socialism at all.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by The E   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:07 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Dilandu wrote:Basically, the San Francisco (and Venezuela, too) situation is what you got by trying to build a socialist utopia without one crucial point: work. All the old-school socialist regimes were based on the idea of labor as both duty and honor. Yes, the old USSR provided quite a lot for free - housing, medical care, very good education, recreation, even guaranteed work places - but only for peoples who worked honestly. The idea that peoples should have everything for free without consideration what good for society they done in exchange - this idea have nothing to do with socialism at all.


You should know by now that when smr posts, he can not be relied upon to give you an even remotely accurate picture of reality.
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Dilandu wrote:Basically a clear demonstration, that sometimes government simply need the authority to order things right

You’re missing the point. (Or, deliberately avoiding it?) The Democrat-run governments in those cities have been trying to ‘order things right’ for decades, and look at the results. The Democrats have been indoctrinating those people, telling them they are helpless, that they need the government to take responsibility for everything and make their lives better, instead of working for better lives for themselves.

People are much better off in other cities, where the government is not ‘taking care’ of them. But, because those cities are not ‘perfect’, the Democrats want to impose the same policies that have made Chicago, New York and Baltimore the shitholes they are.

We see it everywhere. The government tries to ‘fix’ some problem, makes it worse, and leftists immediately clamor for government to ‘fix’ it some more. The worse the government makes it, the louder they scream their demands. More, bigger, and more intrusive government is the only answer they can imagine for any question. When ‘more government’ turns out to be the wrong answer, no matter how obvious its failure becomes, the more fixed they become in their belief that the ‘real’ problem is not enough government.

Dilandu wrote:Yes, the old USSR provided quite a lot for free

And, of course, you have to repeat that tired old communist/socialist lie that everything is ‘free’ because you robbed somebody to pay for it.
———————————
Governments can only print money; they can't make it worth anything. They CAN make it worth nothing.
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by Daryl   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:58 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2915
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Yet there are many quite successful countries whose politics are such that they would regard the US Democrats as being centre right. Countries like the Scandinavian ones, most of Western Europe, New Zealand and Australia that have clean well run societies and cities, despite governments that are more intrusive than you would find in the USA.

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Dilandu wrote:Basically a clear demonstration, that sometimes government simply need the authority to order things right

You’re missing the point. (Or, deliberately avoiding it?) The Democrat-run governments in those cities have been trying to ‘order things right’ for decades, and look at the results. The Democrats have been indoctrinating those people, telling them they are helpless, that they need the government to take responsibility for everything and make their lives better, instead of working for better lives for themselves.

People are much better off in other cities, where the government is not ‘taking care’ of them. But, because those cities are not ‘perfect’, the Democrats want to impose the same policies that have made Chicago, New York and Baltimore the shitholes they are.

We see it everywhere. The government tries to ‘fix’ some problem, makes it worse, and leftists immediately clamor for government to ‘fix’ it some more. The worse the government makes it, the louder they scream their demands. More, bigger, and more intrusive government is the only answer they can imagine for any question. When ‘more government’ turns out to be the wrong answer, no matter how obvious its failure becomes, the more fixed they become in their belief that the ‘real’ problem is not enough government.

Dilandu wrote:Yes, the old USSR provided quite a lot for free

And, of course, you have to repeat that tired old communist/socialist lie that everything is ‘free’ because you robbed somebody to pay for it.
———————————
Governments can only print money; they can't make it worth anything. They CAN make it worth nothing.
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:39 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

San Francisco just like most cities in Oregon is struggling with a huge homeless population. Unlike Europe, the US population is still growing. (Up until the Obama Presidency, Americans were still procreating rather than just fornicating.) As a result, the United States needs to continue building new housing for the expanding population. Unfortunately; certain jurisdictions such as San Francisco and most of the cities and counties in Oregon are governed by fucktards who have made it their mission to obstruct the construction of new housing.

Even when local government is competent in enabling the construction of new housing, there are "citizen activists" (aka "Fucktards") whose avocation is to obstruct construction of new housing or increase the cost by imposing $100,000 per house in extra costs.. I myself actually had the local Fucktards attempt to frame me for arson to prevent me from building new housing because they wanted my land for a park. It turned out that the arsonist was a security guard who worked for the Fucktarded faction of the fucktarded parks district. Very embaressing.

Most voters who own their homes tolerate the Fucktards because the resulting shortage of housing increases the value of existing housing.

Because there is such an extreme shortage of housing in Oregon, lower middle class people are compelled to either rent, or buy and renovate, housing that is traditionaly occupied by the working lower class. As a result, even people with jobs are homeless along with the psychos and drug addicts. Being compelled to be homeless makes it difficult to retain even a low powing job or not become a mentally ill drug addict. News flash, drug addicted mentally ill homeless people leave garbage and feces piled in the street.

The solution is to round up all of the Fucktards who work in government or insist on involving themselves in development regulation and shoot them.
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:22 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2370
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Yeah.... the reality is, as usual, slightly different than the picture US conservatives try to paint it as. It's not like all those homeless people were created in places like San Francisco. They *migrate* there.


The problem is that the US does indeed have a huge population. And a lot of them are in poverty. And once you become homeless what are you going to do:

1. Stay in some red state with no social support where you're more likely to starve to death and die, or freeze to death in winter if you're anywhere outside the far southern climates...

2. Hitchhike, scrape bus money together, or do whatever else you can to move to somewhere where assistance of some kind is actually available and oh the weather is more temperate so it's easier to survive that too.

The issue is with free movement between the states when you get only some states that actually try to address a problem and a bunch of other states that are just perfectly happy to dump it off on someone else and then point their fingers and laugh at the issue that causes as if they're not responsible for it too just because they refuse to take any responsibility for it you get situations like this, where places like San Francisco end up shouldering the burden of vast swaths of the country's poverty stricken population because they have few other places to go. While other sections of the country just keep enacting policies that make the problem worse.


That, and of course also the fact that the entire San Francisco Bay Area is an economic powerhouse, which has driven real estate prices through the roof. Which is, you know, capitalism in action.
Top
Re: Third World America
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:27 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:Yeah.... the reality is, as usual, slightly different than the picture US conservatives try to paint it as. It's not like all those homeless people were created in places like San Francisco. They *migrate* there.


The problem is that the US does indeed have a huge population. And a lot of them are in poverty. And once you become homeless what are you going to do:

1. Stay in some red state with no social support where you're more likely to starve to death and die, or freeze to death in winter if you're anywhere outside the far southern climates...

2. Hitchhike, scrape bus money together, or do whatever else you can to move to somewhere where assistance of some kind is actually available and oh the weather is more temperate so it's easier to survive that too.

The issue is with free movement between the states when you get only some states that actually try to address a problem and a bunch of other states that are just perfectly happy to dump it off on someone else and then point their fingers and laugh at the issue that causes as if they're not responsible for it too just because they refuse to take any responsibility for it you get situations like this, where places like San Francisco end up shouldering the burden of vast swaths of the country's poverty stricken population because they have few other places to go. While other sections of the country just keep enacting policies that make the problem worse.


That, and of course also the fact that the entire San Francisco Bay Area is an economic powerhouse, which has driven real estate prices through the roof. Which is, you know, capitalism in action.



How many homeless people are there on your home planet?
Top

Return to Politics