Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

History of Israelite's and God

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Post by chuckpeterson   » Fri May 24, 2019 1:18 pm

chuckpeterson
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I stumbled on this web site and found it interesting, so I created this opportunity for all to review, discuss and contemplate

visit www.universalknowledge.net then let the debate, discussion begin-----
Re: History of Israelite's and God
Post by chuckpeterson   » Fri May 24, 2019 4:50 pm

chuckpeterson

Hello----
anyone here-?
:?:
Post by Daryl   » Sat May 25, 2019 1:38 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I expect to be the tenth view, as there were nine when I clicked.
Unsure about what comments you want? Lots of debated ancient history from that area of a long period of time. If you want a religious discussion I can't help, through many years of a lack of interest.

chuckpeterson wrote:Hello----
anyone here-?
Post by cthia   » Sun May 26, 2019 10:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

chuckpeterson wrote:Hello----
anyone here-?

You should've started the ball rolling. A snowball gains ground only after given a nudge. When you are a bartender and you've got a tip jar, you should put the first tip in the jar to get things rolling. Your opening post has no such tip. I don't generally consider the opening post the first post, in fact, counting begins with the next post. Always put a "1" in the tip jar, unless your opening post is so strong that it'll gain momentum on its own. Even then, a dollar in the tip jar won't hurt.

Having said that, what do you think of the Jews claim that Israel is their true homeland? And why is their belief misguided?

Also, do note the reason the Jews believe that. It was a promise from God.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 pm

TFLYTSNBN

A really smart bartender puts a $5 in the tip jar.

The archeological and secular historical evidence that Jews inhabitated the area between the Eastern shore of the Mediterranean and beyond the Jordan river over two thousand years ago is irrefutable.

The fact that other peoples inhabitated that land before the jews is irrefutable. However; those people are not the ancesters of "Palestinians". Most of the "Palestinians" ancestors immigrated into the area sometime during the 20th century from Egypt, Syria or Saudi Arabia after the European Jews who were immigrating to the area started transforming what had become wasteland after the diaspora into productive farmland..
Post by cthia   » Sun May 26, 2019 1:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:A really smart bartender puts a $5 in the tip jar.

The archeological and secular historical evidence that Jews inhabitated the area between the Eastern shore of the Mediterranean and beyond the Jordan river over two thousand years ago is irrefutable.

The fact that other peoples inhabitated that land before the jews is irrefutable. However; those people are not the ancesters of "Palestinians". Most of the "Palestinians" ancestors immigrated into the area sometime during the 20th century from Egypt, Syria or Saudi Arabia after the European Jews who were immigrating to the area started transforming what had become wasteland after the diaspora into productive farmland..

Maybe. You'll get varying opinions though. A $5 tip might seem too self-serving and much too obvious. A five spot could backfire; the poor -- or stingy -- tippers may leave nothing, feeling they can't possibly follow in the previous tipper's footsteps. It depends on the establishment and the flavor of customers; if you're working the grill on your college campus, you can't expect five spots from college students who are eating out of their parents' pockets. If anything, I'd put a $5 and several $1s. But for your own sake, do put something. At any rate, it's impossible to put a 5 on the forums counter as the first post. Certainly can put a post worthy of a five spot. I've certainly made first posts worthy of a small fortune. Because I've had to spend a small fortune on therapy, aspirins, Pepto Bismol and, once or twice, an alcoholic beverage or two, and I'm not even a drinker.

The Semitic speaking Canaanites gave the land its name. I found a post that does the subject justice . . .

Abraham, the first Jew, came from what is modern-day Iraq. He settled in Canaan as God commanded him to do:

God said to Abram: "Go from your land ... to the land that I will show you." (Genesis 12:1)

On that day, God made a covenant with Abram, saying: "To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river the Euphrates. The land of the Kenites, Kenizites, Kadmonites; the Chitties, Perizites, Refaim; the Emorites, Canaanites, Gigashites and Yevusites." (Genesis 15:18-21)

"And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your temporary residence, all the land of Canaan as an eternal possession and I will be a God to them." (Genesis 17:8)

Abraham's grandson, Jacob, went down to Egypt with his family at the time famine struck the area.

Israel, by the way, is another name for Jacob.

Palestine is the name the Roman Empire gave to the land of Israel once they conquered it, destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem, and exiled most of the country's inhabitanta. They did this in order to obliterate any connection between the Jewish people and their land.

The name Palestine comes from Philistines, the Sea Peoples who invaded Egypt in Ramesses III's reign. The Assyrian emperor Sargon II called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu in his Annals. In the 5th century BCE, Herodotus wrote in Ancient Greek of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" (whence Palaestina, whence Palestine).

Palaestina was commonly used to refer to the coastal region, and shortly thereafter, the whole of the area inland to the west of the Jordan River. The latter extension occurred when the Roman authorities, following the suppression of the Bar Kokhba rebellion in the 2nd century CE, renamed "Provincia Judea" (Iudaea Province; originally derived from the name "Judah") to "Syria Palaestina" (Syria Palaestina), in order to complete the dissociation with Judaea.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:23 pm

TFLYTSNBN

cthia wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:A really smart bartender puts a $5 in the tip jar.

Maybe. You'll get varying opinions though. A $5 tip might seem too self-serving and much too obvious. A five spot could backfire; the poor -- or stingy -- tippers may leave nothing, feeling they can't possibly follow in the previous tipper's footsteps. It depends on the establishment and the flavor of customers; if you're working the grill on your college campus, you can't expect five spots from college students who are eating out of their parents' pockets. If anything, I'd put a $5 and several $1s. But for your own sake, do put something. At any rate, it's impossible to put a 5 on the forums counter as the first post. Certainly can put a post worthy of a five spot. I've certainly made first posts worthy of a small fortune. Because I've had to spend a small fortune on therapy, aspirins, Pepto Bismol and, once or twice, an alcoholic beverage or two, and I'm not even a drinker.

The Semitic speaking Canaanites gave the land its name. I found a post that does the subject justice . . .

Abraham, the first Jew, came from what is modern-day Iraq. He settled in Canaan as God commanded him to do:

God said to Abram: "Go from your land ... to the land that I will show you." (Genesis 12:1)

On that day, God made a covenant with Abram, saying: "To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river the Euphrates. The land of the Kenites, Kenizites, Kadmonites; the Chitties, Perizites, Refaim; the Emorites, Canaanites, Gigashites and Yevusites." (Genesis 15:18-21)

"And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your temporary residence, all the land of Canaan as an eternal possession and I will be a God to them." (Genesis 17:8)

Abraham's grandson, Jacob, went down to Egypt with his family at the time famine struck the area.

Israel, by the way, is another name for Jacob.

Palestine is the name the Roman Empire gave to the land of Israel once they conquered it, destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem, and exiled most of the country's inhabitanta. They did this in order to obliterate any connection between the Jewish people and their land.

The name Palestine comes from Philistines, the Sea Peoples who invaded Egypt in Ramesses III's reign. The Assyrian emperor Sargon II called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu in his Annals. In the 5th century BCE, Herodotus wrote in Ancient Greek of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" (whence Palaestina, whence Palestine).

Palaestina was commonly used to refer to the coastal region, and shortly thereafter, the whole of the area inland to the west of the Jordan River. The latter extension occurred when the Roman authorities, following the suppression of the Bar Kokhba rebellion in the 2nd century CE, renamed "Provincia Judea" (Iudaea Province; originally derived from the name "Judah") to "Syria Palaestina" (Syria Palaestina), in order to complete the dissociation with Judaea.

TFLYTSNBN would even take the $5 and leave a $1.
Post by chuckpeterson   » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 pm

chuckpeterson

cthia wrote:Having said that, what do you think of the Jews claim that Israel is their true homeland? And why is their belief misguided?

Promised Land
“Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.
Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.

The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab
From there they moved to Egypt

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:
(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.
(Gen 45:21 KJV) And [b]the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.[/b]
(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.
(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

cthia wrote:Also, do note the reason the Jews believe that. It was a promise from God.

It was a promise that came with conditions
God chose them but He could not force them to obey His word
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

The Lord chose them for a purpose and that purpose was to exemplify His teaching and from this example others would understand by this example and follow along this path bringing peace and tranquility to all.

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.
(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

Then time passed on and the Lord returned to see what His children have done to further His cause----

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.
(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.
(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

The above gathering occurred in 1947ad
Now the lord is judging them for the last time

Return to Free-Range Topics...