Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests

Stephanie Harrington in Manticore Ascendant?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Stephanie Harrington in Manticore Ascendant?
Post by CaptainPerseus   » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:03 pm

CaptainPerseus
Ensign

We know that both the Star Kingdom and Manticore Ascendant sub-series occur in the same century Post Diaspora. The (currently) final book for the SK series ends in 1522 PD while the most recent MA book ends in 1544 PD. That's 22 T-years between Treecat Wars and A Call to Vengeance. Stephanie would be 37 T-years old at that point. So there's a real chance she could believably appear in the Manticore Ascendant series, but what do you think would be the best way for it to happen?

Personally I could see Travis and Lisa Donnelly crossing her and Climbs Quickly's path while on assignment or vacation to Sphinx. Maybe with Karl and Survivor appearing too. RFC seemed to hint in Best Laid Plans that Stephanie and Karl eventually married, but the passing reference didn't exactly have a lot of detail to it. I wouldn't mind knowing if they did marry, why did all of their descendants continue on with the Harrington name instead of the Zivonik name? And what happened to the title for the Barony of Zivonik since Karl's father was mentioned to be a Baron in either The Stray or one of the SK books? Was one of Karl's siblings older than him and therefore inherited the title? In addition, a Travis-Lisa meeting with Stephanie-Karl could serve as an opportunity to introduce the first post-Stephanie generation of Harringtons.

With Stephanie being 15ish in Treecat Wars, the 22 T-year time gap between that book and the time of A Call to Vengeance and the forthcoming A Call to Insurrection could mean her and Karl's oldest child could be around 12 T-years old (about the same age as when she was adopted by Climbs Quickly).

Anyway those are my thoughts for today. Maybe someone else will have an opinion too.
Re: Stephanie Harrington in Manticore Ascendant?
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:01 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

It has been mentioned that Stephanie had insisted that her children use the Harrington Name and it was also mentioned that she rejected any "Honors" that included a hereditary title.

CaptainPerseus wrote:We know that both the Star Kingdom and Manticore Ascendant sub-series occur in the same century Post Diaspora. The (currently) final book for the SK series ends in 1522 PD while the most recent MA book ends in 1544 PD. That's 22 T-years between Treecat Wars and A Call to Vengeance. Stephanie would be 37 T-years old at that point. So there's a real chance she could believably appear in the Manticore Ascendant series, but what do you think would be the best way for it to happen?

Personally I could see Travis and Lisa Donnelly crossing her and Climbs Quickly's path while on assignment or vacation to Sphinx. Maybe with Karl and Survivor appearing too. RFC seemed to hint in Best Laid Plans that Stephanie and Karl eventually married, but the passing reference didn't exactly have a lot of detail to it. I wouldn't mind knowing if they did marry, why did all of their descendants continue on with the Harrington name instead of the Zivonik name? And what happened to the title for the Barony of Zivonik since Karl's father was mentioned to be a Baron in either The Stray or one of the SK books? Was one of Karl's siblings older than him and therefore inherited the title? In addition, a Travis-Lisa meeting with Stephanie-Karl could serve as an opportunity to introduce the first post-Stephanie generation of Harringtons.

With Stephanie being 15ish in Treecat Wars, the 22 T-year time gap between that book and the time of A Call to Vengeance and the forthcoming A Call to Insurrection could mean her and Karl's oldest child could be around 12 T-years old (about the same age as when she was adopted by Climbs Quickly).

Anyway those are my thoughts for today. Maybe someone else will have an opinion too.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]

Return to Honorverse